Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-22-2017, 10:24 PM   #46
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3 [White], Amazon Phone & Fire 10 & Kobo Aura [6"]
ALL of Amazon e-Readers have to option to buy with 3G.... But if you want to keep your K3 Great! I had to give up mine cause it was getting hard to read on. Outside lights were not cutting it any more
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #47
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
ALL of Amazon e-Readers have to option to buy with 3G.... But if you want to keep your K3 Great! I had to give up mine cause it was getting hard to read on. Outside lights were not cutting it any more
Both of the 'Kindle Basic' models are Wifi only.
No lighted screen.
IR scanner touch screen rather than capacitive.

The latest (most recent) 'Kindle Basic' is the only Kindle model to have bluetooth (at least so far).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM   #48
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ALL 3 Paperwhite also Voyage & Oasis have 3G....
Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM   #49
montalex
Evangelist
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle Keyboard 3G
All 3G connection was limited after the Kindle 3. I can receive and send email via
Gmail on my Kindle 3, which later models cannot do. I can browse numerous news websites (BBC, NYTimes, Washington Post, etc). I don't think Kinstat Plus (a "book" with hundreds of links to websites for Kindle) will work on later Kindle models.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #50
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
She didn't misspoke. You must not have see this post quoted above. Her last one below was in reference to
- - - -
Sent from my XT1528
I did not alter the quote contents, what I quoted, what I answered, is exactly what she posted.

She claimed in that post which I quoted that the lowest priced of the Kindles, the "Kindle Basic" can be purchased with free 3G.
It can't and none of our readers should purchase a "Kindle Basic" expecting it to come with free 3G, they don't, they can't, there is no provision on the motherboard for a 3G modem.
Open yours and look for yourself if you don't believe me (or the pictures I have posted).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #51
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

All I was trying to say is the Poster Claimed he would keep his K3-3G cause its the last one to have 3G.... I was pointing out that No ALL the new ones did .... By using ALL I inc the Basic that didn't have 3G only Wifi my bad.

Really I don't Care if folks want to keep their current readers... for whatever excuse Not My Business ! The thread was to let folks know that in Addition to what the 3 party buyers are giving for the older e-readers Amazon is Adding extra $20 IF you use the money towards a New e-Reader. That's ALL

But to use an excuse to discourage others in a public forum & Lie! That Bugs me!

My PW3 that I just got is WiFi Only But I can Still Check my e-mail Accounts! I have Yayoo G-Mail & Hotmail... it also Surfs the net! Seems to me its a lot faster than my K3 Wifi & my K3 - 3G was.... Just MHO

BTW I don't know IF this Special is Over But Amazon is NOW Offering 6 Months of FREE Kindle Unlimited When you buy PW3...

Last edited by Barbara1955; Yesterday at 03:21 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I did not alter the quote contents, what I quoted, what I answered, is exactly what she posted.

She claimed in that post which I quoted that the lowest priced of the Kindles, the "Kindle Basic" can be purchased with free 3G.
It can't and none of our readers should purchase a "Kindle Basic" expecting it to come with free 3G, they don't, they can't, there is no provision on the motherboard for a 3G modem.
Open yours and look for yourself if you don't believe me (or the pictures I have posted).
That post was not aimed at you. It was at someone else's post that was removed but the mod forgot to remove mine. Sorry for the confusion. You're fine. I'm going to remove it so no more confusion.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #53
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That post was not aimed at you. It was at someone else's post that was removed but the mod forgot to remove mine. Sorry for the confusion. You're fine. I'm going to remove it so no more confusion.

Sent from my XT1528
Glad you cleared that up I too thought it was aimed at knc1..... we both must have missed the other post Any way for clearing that up