Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Amazon Wish List changes & eReaderIQ

A few weeks ago, I noticed that Wish Lists as displayed in Google Chrome lacked the Filter option for 'items with price drops'. Other browsers still showed it. But now behavior in other browsers is the same. And Kindle for Android no longer even shows a Wish List link in its Kindle Store UI. For now, at least, I can still get 'full' functionality on my Fire tablet, including the 'items with price drops' filter (also still true of Amazon store app for iOS and I'm guessing the Amazon store apps for other platforms). But why remove it from the amazon.com website? One can only speculate.

The other change is that the Wish List page loads incrementally, and you have to scroll down to load more items (before, one navigated groups of 20 items or so page by page using links at the bottom). Once you get to the bottom, you can use Find in the browser to look for 'price dropped' to find items, but it is a crude substitute for what used to be there.

This latter change has broken eReaderIQ's Wish List import feature:

Quote:
We Are No Longer Able to Import Wish Lists

Due to some changes on Amazon's end, eReaderIQ is no longer able to import Wish Lists. We have researched and identified the problem, however we are unable to create a solution which would allow our importer to update Watch Lists accurately and efficiently.
I assume the 'incremental loading' broke their web crawler. I used to use import every few months or so to refresh my watch list but now it will have to be done one item at a time. A little too much work maybe.

Note that Amazon will at least sometimes notify you of price drops on one of your Wish lists, but maybe only as part of a paid promotion. The opt-in for this is in 'Communication Preferences' which you can get to from your account page. The category for it is 'Kindle Store'.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
The other change is that the Wish List page loads incrementally, and you have to scroll down to load more items (before, one navigated groups of 20 items or so page by page using links at the bottom). Once you get to the bottom, you can use Find in the browser to look for 'price dropped' to find items, but it is a crude substitute for what used to be there.
These kinds of pages are frustrating. If you go into the detail on one of the items, when you go back, you end up back at the top of the list, with only 20 items showing.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:04 AM   #3
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It seems that the Amazon app on Android you can still select to view your wishlist items with price drops.

Go to your wishlist, select Filter and Sort at the top right of the screen and tap the Filter by option at the bottom of the list. Then you can select Items with price drops.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:30 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It seems that the Amazon app on Android you can still select to view your wishlist items with price drops.

Go to your wishlist, select Filter and Sort at the top right of the screen and tap the Filter by option at the bottom of the list. Then you can select Items with price drops.
Yes, this is what is odd about it. I almost never use the mobile Amazon apps to shop, as in general using a web browser is more powerful and flexible (multiple tabs, bigger screen, real keyboard etc). But for this one feature...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #5
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
These kinds of pages are frustrating. If you go into the detail on one of the items, when you go back, you end up back at the top of the list, with only 20 items showing.
The standard trick here is to open the detail in new tab. This avoids losing your place in the long list. Same for an Amazon book search which is where I came across this solution.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
The standard trick here is to open the detail in new tab. This avoids losing your place in the long list. Same for an Amazon book search which is where I came across this solution.
Yeah, yeah, but it usually takes me a few clicks to remember to do it that way.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Yeah, yeah, but it usually takes me a few clicks to remember to do it that way.
And the web browser on your Kindle does not support tabs, even if you do remember to use them.

(Unless you have installed our Skipstone browser add-in, which does support tabs.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #8
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And the web browser on your Kindle does not support tabs, even if you do remember to use them.

(Unless you have installed our Skipstone browser add-in, which does support tabs.)
I use a browser on a PC or on a Fire.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
I use a browser on a PC or on a Fire.
Did you just change your nickname from FizzyWater?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote