Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-24-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

iOS 10.3.2 released

iOS 10.3.2 released, includes bug fixes and improves security, and perhaps includes a photo of the middle finger gesture with the title, "Hey, FBI". Okay, I made up the last one...

So minor update. I'm going to install it on my iPhone 7 this morning.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I did the installation. My iPhone 7 had already downloaded the 10.3.2 update when I noticed it, so the installation only took about 15 minutes. That is just an estimate as I didn't time it. Everything went well, but it usually does with minor updates. I will install it on my iPad Pro 9.7 later today.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
It seems like most of the recent releases were mostly bug fixes and security enhancements. I keep hoping that they are going to get around to fixing some of the logical inconsistency, such as the way audiobooks are handled, but I guess new emoticon are a much higher priority. i think the last major change was adding non iBooks purchases to the cloud.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

The WWDC is in June, and I think they will introduce iOS 11 then. So I wouldn't expect any more major updates to iOS 10, ever. It will be mostly bug fixes and security updates. iOS 10 is going to be forced into retirement very soon.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Yes, I know that iOS 11 is rumored to be coming next month. Still, I've been disappointed with the direction of iOS. It feels to me like they fail to follow through. My pet peeve is how they treat audiobooks.

Two things are broken with regards to audiobooks. First, the old playlist functionality is gone, which is especially important when listening in a car. I'm sure that Apple's solution was for everyone to get carplay, but when it became obvious that car makers were not buying in, they should have fixed it rather than say "buy a new car with carplay, loser". The second is that how audiobooks are treated is very different between the mac and the ios devices. If they are going to go with audiobooks in iBooks on the iOS devices, they should have gone with audiobooks in iBooks in iOS as well. For a company that prides itself on usability, that's a glaring deficiency.

So far, the only major enhancement that has meant anything to me is being able to hand off phone calls between my various apple devices. That is way cool.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote