Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
Raimond
Raimond began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kindle Paperwhite
Raspberry Pi: ebook-convert only with xvfb (html to pdf)

I've just installed calibre 1.3 on my raspberry pi (Debian wheezy), I'll only use ebook-convert in the future.

html2txt, html2epub and html2mobi works fine, but html2pdf requires the usage of xvfb

--> xvfb-run ebook-convert in.html out.pdf

I'd like to know why this is needed (Or to be more exact: why is it needed for pdf, but not for the other ones).

(There's a post in this board from Kovid that xvfb isn't required with versions later than 0.8.x)

Rai
Raimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because Qt needs it and html2pdf uses Qt WebKit.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert