Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #16
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossblaser View Post
Are you using Firefox in A2 mode? I've found if you don't use A2 mode the screen will sometimes not redraw when you scroll. Its a real shame as A2 mode is not great for reading but otherwise firefox could be lovely.
Yes in A2 mode because I have the same problem, the screen is not redrawing...
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:40 PM   #17
gimble
Connoisseur
gimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle, Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytrader View Post
Yes in A2 mode because I have the same problem, the screen is not redrawing...
In the Max2, a long press of the menu button does a manual refresh that helps take care of such artifacts. I suppose Onyx will need to make some Note specific updates to the software to emulate button functions like those.

I think tapping on the clock also does a manual refresh, but not sure if there is a consistent way to get to the header menu when inside apps.

Edit: Actually, there might be a workaround of sorts for Note users. In the applications screen, when you long press on an app, there is a menu option called "apps optimize setting". One of the settings is "run in full screen" - when unchecked, this will always show the header when inside an app. Whenever you touch/tap on the clock (in the header) the screen will manually refresh - downside is you lose true full screen.

Last edited by gimble; 05-11-2018 at 04:16 PM.
gimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2018, 04:23 PM   #18
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimble View Post
Edit: Actually, there might be a workaround of sorts for Note users. In the applications screen, when you long press on an app, there is a menu option called "apps optimize setting". One of the settings is "run in full screen" - when unchecked, this will always show the header when inside an app. Whenever you touch/tap on the clock (in the header) the screen will manually refresh - downside is you lose true full screen.
Some apps seem to override that setting and will display in full screen mode even when the box has been specifically left unchecked.

However, for the apps that it does work with, I have found it well worth sacrificing that amount of the screen as it makes it very easy to hop between different apps via the multiscreen box on status bar.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #19
gimble
Connoisseur
gimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
makes it very easy to hop between different apps via the multiscreen box on status bar.
Yes, that is a very good point.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #20
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
Hi, I'm using a Boox Max Carta and I'm surprised by this discussion

On my device is installed the last stable version of the firmware (Android 4.0.4 ) and I'm unable to install any browser like chrome/firefox from the google playstore beause "my device is not supported"
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #21
gimble
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
Hi, I'm using a Boox Max Carta and I'm surprised by this discussion

On my device is installed the last stable version of the firmware (Android 4.0.4 ) and I'm unable to install any browser like chrome/firefox from the google playstore beause "my device is not supported"
Firefox requires at least Android 4.1. With Max Carta, you can try the beta version of Android 4.4 from here -> https://ereader.store/en/content/6-software-updates

Look at the bottom of the page. The firmware update process is reversible as long as you follow the instructions carefully and use the MFG tool and backup all the data first.

If you don't want to try beta firmware, then consider using the lightning browser - it should work with android 4.0.4. It has a high contrast mode, which works well with eink devices.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #22
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
Hi, I'm using a Boox Max Carta and I'm surprised by this discussion ... Android 4.0.4 and I'm unable to install any browser like chrome/firefox from the google playstore beause "my device is not supported"
Get acquainted with websites that allow you to download APK (Android Packages) files: they are the "installers" for Android.
In those sites, you can get the versioning of the product: e.g. 1.8.2, 1.8.1, 1.8, 1.7.5 etc.
For each version, you can get the maximum Android version supported.
So if you look for some package, there you can find the latest version which supported Android 4.0.4.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #23
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
gimble & mdp: thanks for the explanation
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote