Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Davidslayers
Davidslayers began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Exclamation PRS-700 Demo Problem

Hi everyone:

First I had to apologice my english but I´m spanish and i´m gonna do my best to explose my problem.

Well, here is my problem. I just imported a Sony PSR-700 and I´m very happy with it, but I sensed that the device had a major problem. When I try to change any of the settings it apears a message of error like this "This setting is not available in demo mode".
¿How can I get out from this demo mode?
¿Any of you had the same problem with your readers?
I read that you can solve the problem in the 505 model, but I´m afraid that the solution for that one is not gonna work with mine, so If anyone had the original firmware or a solution I hope you can tip it to me.

Thanks a lot in advance
Davidslayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidslayers View Post
Hi everyone:

First I had to apologice my english but I´m spanish and i´m gonna do my best to explose my problem.

Well, here is my problem. I just imported a Sony PSR-700 and I´m very happy with it, but I sensed that the device had a major problem. When I try to change any of the settings it apears a message of error like this "This setting is not available in demo mode".
¿How can I get out from this demo mode?
¿Any of you had the same problem with your readers?
I read that you can solve the problem in the 505 model, but I´m afraid that the solution for that one is not gonna work with mine, so If anyone had the original firmware or a solution I hope you can tip it to me.

Thanks a lot in advance
Has tratado de apretar el botton de "reset" que se encuentra detras del aparato? Aprietalo y mantengalo aprietado por un minuto minimo.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Demo Mode im pretty sure are some Floor Models, it has a different model number on the back, ive heard of the 505 demos, this is a first for me for hearing about 700 demos
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
There have been other threads about this. IIRC you may have to reflash the reader. you might have to use the version change hack of the firmware to bump it up a notch so it will be seen as a new vesion.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
There have been other threads about this. IIRC you may have to reflash the reader. you might have to use the version change hack of the firmware to bump it up a notch so it will be seen as a new vesion.

BOb
What do you mean by that? I thought there wasn't any firmwares available for the PRS700
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
there isnt yet, bobs talking about 500/5
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:30 AM   #7
Davidslayers
Davidslayers began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
So I need to wait until sony deploys a new firmware and someone made a reflasher for this ereader... Dammit¡

Well, in demo mode you can do most of the things but I´m afraid that there are things that I cant change in the settings menu.

Well, I´ll be in touch with you if Sony decides to bring a new Firmware for our devices.

Thanks a lot
Davidslayers is offline   Reply With Quote