Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you attend an e-book apéro/meet-up in Montréal?
I'd be there with bells on! 2 50.00%
I don't like electronics or books or people. 1 25.00%
maybe (i'll explain in my post) 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hanlin V3, Sony prs-505, Hanwang n516
Would you attend an e-book apéro/meet-up in Montréal?

Would you attend an e-book apéro/meet-up in Montréal?
quickhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
depends who pays to get us europeans across there ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
it sounds like fun ! i wish i could go. i'm always a bit frustrated not to be able to attend ALL the meetups, even if we have plenty here.

so where are all our canadian members ??? hmm ????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
so where are all our canadian members ??? hmm ????

There's a lot of them - they came 2nd in a recent poll, iirc.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
There's a lot of them - they came 2nd in a recent poll, iirc.
yes... i suppose the real question is, how many are close to Montréal ?
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Distance:
The distance between Vancouver and Montreal is 2295 miles (3694 km).
The driving distance from Vancouver to Montreal is 4,903 km - about 1 day 22 hours.

Flight:
Vancouver, BC (YVR) to Montreal, QC (YMQ)
Flight Duration 4 hours 40 mins

Sorry, but I can't make it.

WDE
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Distance:
The distance between Vancouver and Montreal is 2295 miles (3694 km).
The driving distance from Vancouver to Montreal is 4,903 km - about 1 day 22 hours.

Flight:
Vancouver, BC (YVR) to Montreal, QC (YMQ)
Flight Duration 4 hours 40 mins

Sorry, but I can't make it.

WDE
I've just done a search and Paris-Montreal is 5897km (or 3664 miles). So we aren't that much further away, Zelda.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I've just done a search and Paris-Montreal is 5897km (or 3664 miles). So we aren't that much further away, Zelda.
yes, canada is a big country. that's too far for me to travel though, alas. (although if i ever do manage it, i think wde should make the effort too. after all he's slightly closer. )

in fact, my cousins in toronto are moving to newfoundland this spring ; partly to be closer to my cousin's wife's mother, who lives there, and partly to be closer to... paris. (no joke ! i'm thrilled.)
Old 03-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
I would estimate less than 10 active members.

I didn't vote because the option I was looking for ("Maybe") isn't available.

By the way, It is often less expensive to fly to Montreal from Paris or London than from many other Canadian locations, which have smaller regional airports. So what do you say?
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post
I would estimate less than 10 active members.

I didn't vote because the option I was looking for ("Maybe") isn't available.
hm, perhaps we should add that option, if quickhand doesn't mind.

Quote:
By the way, It is often less expensive to fly to Montreal from Paris or London than from many other Canadian locations, which have smaller regional airports. So what do you say?
i say, i'll save my centimes, and hope to make it to a future meetup in Montréal.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

okay, i've added "maybe" just for you, ziguezon ! please tell us what it would take to convince you.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
in fact, my cousins in toronto are moving to newfoundland this spring ; partly to be closer to my cousin's wife's mother, who lives there, and partly to be closer to... paris. (no joke ! i'm thrilled.)
Interesting. Does she live on one of the little French island territories (St.Pierre et Miquelon) off the coast of Newfoundland? Now that's a place I would love to visit one day.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Interesting. Does she live on one of the little French island territories (St.Pierre et Miquelon) off the coast of Newfoundland? Now that's a place I would love to visit one day.
i believe so ; they explained to me that her mother lives on the more sheltered side of the island where the weather is nicer, but they want to live on the outer side of the island for access to cheaper direct flights to europe (if i've recalled correctly). i could be mistaking something though. i can't remember the name of the town.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Me too, especially after seeing the film, La veuve de St. Pierre.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Quote:
okay, i've added "maybe" just for you, ziguezon ! please tell us what it would take to convince you.
Thank you!

I chose maybe because outside of working hours, I have a very busy schedule, plus a small child at home to take care of, making it difficult to participate in things like this.

However, I have yet to see an eink device in person, so I would make an effort to drop by if possible.