Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-19-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
10 Gig Free Online Storage

From Sebastian Rupley's article at PC Magazine
Quote:
Is a gigabyte of free online storage—which Google offers with its Gmail service—not enough? Though it doesn't provide e-mail, Streamload is raising the bar in free online storage by offering 10GB of no-cost capacity for those who want to archive media content online and access it from any Internet connection.

The offering is ideal for storing content online from DVRs, digital camcorders, MP3 players, Portable Media Centers, and digital cameras, says Streamload CEO Steve Iverson. A few caveats: You can download only 100MB a month and upload files of 100MB at a time. If you want to upgrade, the company offers unlimited storage plans for around $5 to $10 a month.
Note: There's a lot of news posted there at www.pcmag.com/pipeline. And PC Magazine is even worth considering for an old-fashioned paper subscriptions. I have a subscription, and I always look forward to each issue. (No, I'm not being paid by them, I just like the magazine!) And a tip if you decide to subscribe... find a cheap subscription on line, and use a distinctive first name like "JimMag" so you can track where all the phone calls and spam and mass mailings came from.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:27 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Streamload has been around for a couple of years. It is a favorite download/upload service by file sharers, because it doesn't require you to send your personal details upon signup (they accept cash payments via mail).

Also, if you think of signing up for the free service, make sure you don't sign up twice, or they will ban both accounts.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Seems to be pc only is there a solution for macs out there?
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
divajess
Connoisseur
divajess is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 1910, Dell X30H
Zire71man, it's browser-based, so it does not appear to be platform specific. I will try it out on my Mac tonight and let you know, though. I just signed up for a free account.
divajess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #5
Unregistered
Nameless Being

I like i2drive.com they give you webdav access as well
Advert
Old 04-04-2006, 03:42 AM   #6
rene_tech07
rene_tech07 began at the beginning.

Exclamation

We use this online storage service for years and really feel comfortable with it.

It has various free applications which can run on different platforms/ operating systems depending on your requirement. These applications will help you to organize/ store/ backup your files. It also has a browser based web interface by which you can access/ share your stored files from any computer with an internet connection.
rene_tech07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #7
BCollia
Awesome
BCollia began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
So this might be a Treo 650 Noob question, but how does one go about uploading from the browser?
BCollia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #8
BCollia
Awesome
BCollia began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
Anyone? For some odd reason upload forms will not work with blazer. I am looking into ftp programs to upload to my webserver and use that url for things but if there has to be a way to just upload from a form.
BCollia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:37 AM   #9
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson.matthew View Post
/spammer deleted/ how do i dowmload the free 10gig stoarage
As far as I know, You can't download the free 10 gig storage. Its a remote storage space you can use from your pc if you have not enough storage. I ahve used several sites such as Diino and Dropbox for file sharing. You upload the file using their programs via their site. You just have to register an account and store files up to the allowed storage space. Its like Yahoo's recently closed Briefcase.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Let me be the naysayer here: every byte you upload to web-based storage is another byte that could be hacked.
Sorry, folks, I just don't trust 'em.
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #11
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Streamload has been around for a couple of years.
More than a couple. It has been around at least since 2003. I used it a little a few years back, haven't thought about it in a long time. I'm surprised that it is still around.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I use Dropbox and am very happy. If you use my link, both you (and I) will get an extra 250 mb free. I recently had a massive hard drive failure and had to upgrade my computer. It took awhile for all the stuff to re-download, but once it did then in two clicks I had all my Calibre library back and all of my iTunes library. The thought of reconstituting my 900-book ebook library from scratch gives me cold sweats. Thank god I had the backup!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I too like Dropbox for synchronization and sharing of my various computers, and I use Carbonite for off site backups. Carbonite because it’s pretty much automatic, and Dropbox because it has clients for all my various devices and looks like just another folder.

My work computer is locked down, and I can’t install the client, so I just use web access at work.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #14
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
More than a couple. It has been around at least since 2003. I used it a little a few years back, haven't thought about it in a long time. I'm surprised that it is still around.
Check the date of the post that said it was a couple of years old

I haven't used it for years either, and had forgot all about it. It seems to have changed its name to Mozy now, and is just another online backup service though it does mention file sharing on the homepage.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I had Mozy for a while, and it kept not working. I didn't have a reliable backup for MONTHS! And when I engaged their support, I got excuses but no help. I finally dumped them and went to Carbonite, and haven't looked back. It just works! (cheaper too)
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote