Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
BigEye
BigEye began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Book names are wrong when transfer calibre to Kindle PW

Hi!

When I transfer books from Calibre 3.10 64 bit to Kindle PW the following happens:

This is the status at calibre:

When transfer these books to the Kindle, here is the result:

When I look into Kindle with WINDOWS Explorer, I see the following:

The only thing, I can imagine is, that my calibre database is corrupt. Check the date of the calibre screenshot: The book data was collected over years, with different Calibre versions.

Any idea?

Rgds, Uwe

Last edited by BigEye; 10-23-2017 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Deleted ovesize images
BigEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
All I can think is that you've changed the metadata plugboards
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kindles use Internal metadata, not file names
Use the plugboard to insert additional info (or the sort version of the field) into kindle recognized fields
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
BigEye
BigEye began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Case closed. I had to reconvert the files (from MOBI to AZW3), now Kindle and Calibre are identical.

Maybe I played around in 2015 with the plugboard and screwed it up that way.

Thx to all of u!

Rgds, Uwe (Germany)

BigEye is offline   Reply With Quote