Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #316
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
For some reason the plugin is having me apply the data per 100 books with a pop up, instead of doing the whole job and popping up at the end, this locks calibre up while it applies the data. Is there asetting I'm missing for how many books per batch?

Awesome plugin!

Thanks
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:45 AM   #317
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
Is there asetting I'm missing for how many books per batch?
Yes, go to Preferences - Plugins - User interface action plugins - ISBN plugin and double click on the ISBN plugin then change the settings to suit your needs.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2017, 05:32 AM   #318
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Plugin translation

I know this plugin isn't updated anymore but I still use it frequently so I decided to translate it.
Attached is the updated plugin with the french translation and the po file if someone wants to translate it in another language.

If no one reports a bug maybe a moderator could update the plugin in the first post?
Attached Files
File Type: zip default.po.zip (1.7 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by Nicolas F; 10-20-2017 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Removed old plugin version
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #319
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Here you can find the Spanish translation if you're interested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip es.zip (5.9 KB, 225 views)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #320
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Here you can find the Spanish translation if you're interested.
So it worked ok for you? There was one thing that bugged me when I added the translation in th original code:
Code:
        id_map = {}
        for i, title, last_modified, isbn in extracted_ids:
            mi = Metadata(_('Unknown'))
            mi.isbn = isbn
            id_map[i] = mi
        edit_metadata_action = self.gui.iactions['Edit Metadata']
        edit_metadata_action.apply_metadata_changes(id_map,
                                                    callback=self._mark_and_display_results)
mi = Metadata(_('Unknown')) was used and it caused a problem when I added the translation. I changed it to use mi = Metadata(title) instead and it seem to be working, but I don't understand why _('Unknown') was used in the first place, and if the change I made can have unwanted consequences?
Advert
Old 10-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #321
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works for me... changing it again to Unknown I hadn't done it but now that I've reverted your change.. it extracts more ISBNs than before.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #322
Nicolas F
Groupie

Updated plugin with french and spanish translation

Quote:
It works for me... changing it again to Unknown I hadn't done it but now that I've reverted your change.. it extracts more ISBNs than before.
This is super frustrating... For the longest time when I left Unknown in place the title got changed to Inconnu(e) (the french translation for unknown), that's why I changed it. But now that you've said it it works as intended when I change it back!

Corrected plugin joined, with Spanish and French translation
Attached Files
File Type: zip Extract ISBN - Trad enabled.zip (41.0 KB, 245 views)

Last edited by Nicolas F; 10-20-2017 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #323
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
This is super frustrating... For the longest time when I left Unknown in place the title got changed to Inconnu(e) (the french translation for unknown), that's why I changed it. But now that you've said it it works as intended when I change it back!
No, it's not frustrating, it's software Thank you very much
Old 10-20-2017, 05:27 AM   #324
Nicolas F
Groupie

Quote:
No, it's not frustrating, it's software Thank you very much
Lol! Yeah, the joy of not understanding what went wrong!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:31 AM   #325
FlupkeDe
FlupkeDe began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus, Kobo
Super plugin, thank you very much, does exactly what it says.
FlupkeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:15 AM   #326
jataadroid
jataadroid began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet - Moonreader Pro
Hey
I noticed lately that the ISBN extracted has the 978 removed, leaving a 10 digit ISBN when there is a 13 digit one right next it. I know it may not be anything to be concerned about but just seemed odd.

Thanks ahead of time.
jataadroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #327
lhasa
lhasa began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Hi, I recently installed this ISBN extractor and I love it... BUT... it unmarks my marked books.

For example, say I've got 6 books "Marked". I use Extract ISBN on ONE of them, and when it updates the ISBN in the metadata showing in the side panel, it unmarks all the other marked books, except for the book it updates.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I checked the plugin preferences but didn't see anything that looked relevant to this.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
lhasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #328
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhasa View Post
Hi, I recently installed this ISBN extractor and I love it... BUT... it unmarks my marked books.

For example, say I've got 6 books "Marked". I use Extract ISBN on ONE of them, and when it updates the ISBN in the metadata showing in the side panel, it unmarks all the other marked books, except for the book it updates.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I checked the plugin preferences but didn't see anything that looked relevant to this.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Not a 'problem'

MARK is transient and may not survive a plugin that ALSO uses it

Tag marked books before using plugins that Mark.
right-click a book:Show Marked: Select All (ctrl-a): 'E' (bulk mode MDE), add Tags:<the tag>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #329
lhasa
lhasa began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not a 'problem'

MARK is transient and may not survive a plugin that ALSO uses it

Tag marked books before using plugins that Mark.
right-click a book:Show Marked: Select All (ctrl-a): 'E' (bulk mode MDE), add Tags:<the tag>
Thanks for the suggestion.
lhasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #330
aquiaolado
aquiaolado began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone
does not retrieve any ISBN

Hi.
Can someone explain me why the plugin does not retrieve any ISBN?
Thanks.

This is the result

Starting job: Extract ISBN for 1 books
================================================== =
Title: (Lecture Notes in Social Networks) James A. Dator, John A. Sweeney, Aubrey M. Yee (auth.)-Mutative Media Communication Technologies and Power Relations in the Past, Present, and Futures-Springer Inte
Format: PDF
Path: C:\Users\Paulo Martins\Documents\Biblioteca do Calibre\Desconhecido\(Lecture Notes in Social Networks) (2354)\(Lecture Notes in Social Networ - Desconhecido.pdf
---------------------------------------------------
Failed to extract ISBN
================================================== =
Scan complete, with 1 failures

Last edited by aquiaolado; 03-16-2018 at 03:17 PM.
aquiaolado is offline   Reply With Quote