Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
funny ebook pop culture reference

http://www.hulu.com/watch/63740/doll...et#in-playlist

around 21:55

"He'll throw the Kindle at you."
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
http://www.hulu.com/watch/63740/doll...et#in-playlist

around 21:55

"He'll throw the Kindle at you."
There's a bit of a buzz about this on the Amazon forums. A few weeks ago someone talked about Kindling becoming part of (or wanting to add it to) the Urban Dictionary as a synonym for "reading".

"Hey, what are you up to", "Just lying around Kindling"
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have a feeling Joss with throw in quite a few references like this, he's a bit of a nerd to say the least.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Canton View Post
I have a feeling Joss with throw in quite a few references like this, he's a bit of a nerd to say the least.
He usually does, but not with this latest series. This episode (no. 6) is the first one that has even a hint of his trademark wit. The previous five would best be described as meh. If this series had been by anyone else I would have abandoned it by the end of the pilot. It's not bad, just exceptionally underwhelming.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Kindle will go right after "Soccer Moms" one day
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
Kindle will go right after "Soccer Moms" one day
No, it's actually after kindie kandie and before kindlepooping.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a clip from Gizmodo that just uses the 37 sec with the Kindle reference.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
There's a bit of a buzz about this on the Amazon forums. A few weeks ago someone talked about Kindling becoming part of (or wanting to add it to) the Urban Dictionary as a synonym for "reading".

"Hey, what are you up to", "Just lying around Kindling"
I find the Urban Dictionary a bunch of hooey and a lot of the stuff added is totally meaningless.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'm just glad to see more and more references to digital reading.

I thought this comic was pretty funny:
http://comics.com/moderately_confused/2009-03-20/
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
semijen
semijen began at the beginning.

On the new TNT show "Trust Me" Mason's (Eric McCormack's character)daughter Haley is seen reading on a Kindle. The show is about the advertising business so when Mason quizzes his daughter on what's cool with teens, she tells him she likes Leonard Cohen and just downloaded a cool e-book. When Mason mentions placing ads embedded in a downloaded book in a meeting, the client says "Books? I'd like to hear where you heard teenagers were downloading books?"

The client's response made me smile. The last thing we want is ads being embedded in our books anyway.
semijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by semijen View Post
On the new TNT show "Trust Me" Mason's (Eric McCormack's character)daughter Haley is seen reading on a Kindle. The show is about the advertising business so when Mason quizzes his daughter on what's cool with teens, she tells him she likes Leonard Cohen and just downloaded a cool e-book. When Mason mentions placing ads embedded in a downloaded book in a meeting, the client says "Books? I'd like to hear where you heard teenagers were downloading books?"

The client's response made me smile. The last thing we want is ads being embedded in our books anyway.
I posted pictures from that episode here. I only saw the last part of the show so I missed the "downloading books" section.