Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Creating dictionary

I have an english bulgarian dictionary database and want to create dicitionary for Kindle 4. How can be done? My database is in such way:

[ei]
I. 1. буквата A
from A to Z от начало до край от край до край, изцяло, напълно
2. A уч. оценка отличен
straight A ам. пълно отличие
3. A1 мор. първокласен (за плавателен съд), разг. първостепенен, превъзходен
4. A муз. ла
II. 1. indefinite article пред гласни и полугласни звуком (напр. a book, a union, a ewe, a yard, a one-volume book) (обикн. не се превежда)
2. един, една, едно (често не се превежда)
not A нито един/една/едно
not A word нито/ни (една) дума
3. за разпределяне на, за, в (често не се превежда)
he gets ... A day/week, etc. той получава по ... на ден/седмица и пр. /дневно/седмично и пр.
one pound A dozen (по) една лира дузината
four levs A kilo по четири лева килото
fifty lew A person по петдесет лева на човек
4. със собствени имена като, който прилича на
he thinks he is A Napoleon той се мисли, че е (като) Наполеон
5. (с all of) еднакъв, един и същ
they are all of A size те всички са еднакви/една и съща големина
6. известен, някакъв
in A measure в известна/някаква стелен
in A sense в известен смисъл
7. някакъв, някой си
A Mr B. has come някой си г-н Б. е дошъл
A man is asking to see you някакъв човек иска да те види
they were killed to A man те бяха избити до един
AARDVARK
['a:dva:k]
n зоол. вид юж. афр. мравояд
AARDWOLF
['a:dwulf]
n зоол. юж. афр. животно, подобно на хиена

What is the procedure? Thank you very much.
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
don
Dictionaries (and Bibles) are huge documents and pose many problems. Shear size being one. Indexing is another.

Tossing in a second language (and the character set)

You have a difficult project

Looking quickly at your data shown:
(outside of Calibre)
you need to create a script to wrap (in your chosen visual format) HTML around each field (line/paragraph or word)

All that needs to be wrapped up in the standard HTML boilerplate (<html><head></head><body>...</body></html>
Keep in mind that individual file size will be an issue and you need to break the dictionary into multiple sections.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
don
Dictionaries (and Bibles) are huge documents and pose many problems. Shear size being one. Indexing is another.

Tossing in a second language (and the character set)

You have a difficult project

Looking quickly at your data shown:
(outside of Calibre)
you need to create a script to wrap (in your chosen visual format) HTML around each field (line/paragraph or word)

All that needs to be wrapped up in the standard HTML boilerplate (<html><head></head><body>...</body></html>
Keep in mind that individual file size will be an issue and you need to break the dictionary into multiple sections.
Is it possible to make me just an example? Is there anyway to make to batch process for these words?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
AFAIK, you cannot create Kindle lookup dictionaries with Calibre. You'll need to use Mobipocket Creator or KindleGen instead, because Kindle dictionaries require a special non-standard .html format and special non-standard .opf entries.

Here's an example of a very simple English-German dictionary with inflections.

Code:
<html>
<body>

<idx:entry>
	<b><idx:orth>book
	<idx:infl>
		<idx:iform value="books"/>
	</idx:infl>
	</idx:orth> </b> 
	<i>Subst.</i> <br/>
	Buch (n)
</idx:entry>
<br/><br/>
<hr/>

<b><idx:orth>go
		<idx:iform value="goes"/>
		<idx:iform value="going"/>
		<idx:iform value="went"/>
		<idx:iform value="gone"/>
	<i>Verb</i> <br/>
	gehen
<br/><br/>

</body>
</html>
For more information, see the mobipocket.com web site. If your source data is tab-delimited, you can use the instructions on this web site to automatically generate the source files for your dictionary.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
donMaranzano
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
AFAIK, you cannot create Kindle lookup dictionaries with Calibre. You'll need to use Mobipocket Creator or KindleGen instead, because Kindle dictionaries require a special non-standard .html format and special non-standard .opf entries.

Here's an example of a very simple English-German dictionary with inflections.

Code:
<html>
<body>

<b><idx:orth>book
		<idx:iform value="books"/>
	<i>Subst.</i> <br/>
	Buch (n)
<br/><br/>
<hr/>

<b><idx:orth>go
		<idx:iform value="goes"/>
		<idx:iform value="going"/>
		<idx:iform value="went"/>
		<idx:iform value="gone"/>
	<i>Verb</i> <br/>
	gehen
<br/><br/>

</body>
</html>
For more information, see the mobipocket.com web site. If your source data is tab-delimited, you can use the instructions on this web site to automatically generate the source files for your dictionary.
Hi,
I have an error in the command window to execute command “”tab2opf.exe dict.exe”"

” Traceback : (most recent call last):
File “tab2opf.py”, line 240, in (module)
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack”

Please tell me what am I doing wrong…

In the site of mobipocket I did not find any suggestions...
Old 05-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
Hi,
I have an error in the command window to execute command “”tab2opf.exe dict.exe”"

” Traceback : (most recent call last):
File “tab2opf.py”, line 240, in (module)
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack”

Please tell me what am I doing wrong…
Most likely your input file format is incorrect. I.e. it's not a tab delimited file.
Note that each line must contain one headword followed by a tabulator and the translation (the translation can be multiple words, but mustn't contain line breaks.).
The best way to prepare the input file is to use a spreadsheet software. E.g. MS Excel or LibreOffice Calc. Just make sure that the first column contains the headword and the second word the definition(s) for the headword in the left column. When you're done select both columns and copy the text into a text editor (e.g. Notead) and save it as a utf8-8 Unicode file.
Depending on where you got your source file from, you might also be able to use pyGlossary to convert your file to a tab-delimted file if it's formatted in a way that pyglossary supports. Of course, you'll also need Python.

If you're source file is unstructured, you probably won't be able to convert it to format that tab2opf can handle unless you know your way around an editor with regular expression support.

You could also try to find an English-Bulgarian BGL file and convert it following the instructions on this page.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
donMaranzano
Zealot

Thank you, I already made up one from this site. I undestand how it's made but it is a very hard job to do it.