Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
digitracker
digitracker began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
3g on vox

Is it possible to install 3g drivers on the kobovox. I would like to use my 3g dongle with my vox as I cannot get wifi access at work. Just wondered if anyone had been successful with installing the drivers. I am hoping that kobo add these in their next update as I believe the new generation of voxes have these installed.
digitracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitracker View Post
Is it possible to install 3g drivers on the kobovox. I would like to use my 3g dongle with my vox as I cannot get wifi access at work. Just wondered if anyone had been successful with installing the drivers. I am hoping that kobo add these in their next update as I believe the new generation of voxes have these installed.
This app does that but you need a rooted device...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cHB3aWRnZXQiXQ..
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
digitracker
digitracker began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Thanks for pointing To that app pppmanager I have
downloaded it. Now the hard bit rooting the kobo vox. I have tried the new method for ics and jellybean highlighted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460 but I cant get it to
root, I will have to try another method when they become more readily available.
digitracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Right now, the only way to root a vox is remove the internal sd card, mount it under linux and copy some files to it. I would not hold your breath for this to change.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote