Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #46
Daermond
Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjambo View Post
Ok, I just checked it, I don't understand a thing from this

Could somebody translate the instructions to English? Or help me out here?

Thanks!
Here is the Google translate translation of how_to_rus:
1. You need to transfer files with the extension. Translation.
Translation is done simply: Open any text editor that understands UTF-8 encoding (eg UltraEdit-32). Open the file you will see many lines, the translated strings are composed of two parts:
<Original string in English> TAB (tab) <translation in Russian>
Replace the Russian-Ukrainian and all the other rows do not touch it. Characters ~ - is a substitute newline
2. There are still files properties.translation you do not see, because they contain encoded Unicode characters. Open the file in the editor with the extension. Properties, translate and store in UTF-8 file with the extension. Properties.translation
3. Transfer the images
4. Similarly, paragraph 2, set msp_prefs file in the root of the archive, only the expansion did not need to change.

I hope it helps.
Daermond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #47
Daermond
Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Daermond has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

In thesse post Sir Alex describes the process. Read through the second page of these topic. There are some info that may helps.
Here are the Russian forums google translated version:
http://translate.google.com/translat...sc%26start%3D0
Daermond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #48
cyjambo
cyjambo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hello again,

I have just heard that Kindle's are being automatically updated to the 3.1 firmware. If I finish the Hungarian translation and I will have 3.1 firmware instead of the 3.0.2 will that work also? Or should I disable automatic updating and not update?

Thanks

btw: I am using these translation files: http://www.audi-bel.com/kindle/3.0.3.zip
cyjambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #49
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
cyjambo,
Currently this hack is not compatible with 3.1. But I'm working on it.
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #50
cyjambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
cyjambo,
Hi Sir Alex,

Cool! So is it woth it for me to do the translation? I don't think I'll finish within a week or two anyway since I don't have that much time.

Thx!
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #51
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

cyjambo,
You can continue with 3.0.3 translation...
Old 02-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #52
cyjambo

Quote:
cyjambo,
You can continue with 3.0.3 translation...
Ok, cool!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #53
mattcorps
Banned
mattcorps began at the beginning.

I want to buy kindle on kindle2000 website.does anybody heard about it???
mattcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #54
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcorps View Post
I want to buy kindle on kindle2000 website.does anybody heard about it???
No. Never.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #55
moriakaice
Memento Mori
moriakaice began at the beginning.

Device: eClicto, iPad WiFi, Kindle 3 WiFi
Hey Sir Alex!

Our users are reporting that menu in open book/dictionary behaves stangely when having translation and in horizontal mode. Screenshot is available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/taurusn...46864052581922

What is the reason? The menu in the home directory in horizontal mode (with same translation) works fine.
moriakaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #56
Sir Alex
Groupie

Hi moriakaice,
You must make shorter menu items!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #57
moriakaice
Memento Mori
moriakaice began at the beginning.

Device: eClicto, iPad WiFi, Kindle 3 WiFi
Ok, we'll try to work on that (although it's not that easy). Is the normal menu larger somehow? And why does it work ok in the main menu, but not in the book?
moriakaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:46 AM   #58
hanes69
hanes69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Are there available FW 3.1 text files for translation ?
hanes69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #59
gideonnord
gideonnord began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
cyjambo,
Sir Alex - millions of people are waiting for the taste of the fruits of Your work.
Millions beers waiting for You as a reward ...
Any help for old, non-english speaking grandmas ?
gideonnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #60
Sir Alex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gideonnord View Post
Sir Alex - millions of people are waiting for the taste of the fruits of Your work.
Millions beers waiting for You as a reward ...
Any help for old, non-english speaking grandmas ?

Russian and Ukrainian localization already upgraded to 3.1. Other localization developers can ask me for help in PM or by email: rsoft@tut.by

Tags
localization