Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
Al1981
Al1981 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Goodkindles?

I've recently come across Goodkindles. I imagine it's probably been mentioned on here before as well. But how good are they? Have many people had any positive experience(s) using them? Obviously it depends if your book sounds appealing anyway, if people do check it out.
Al1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:51 PM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I never heard of it, and I'm an avid reader.

I wonder just who its target audience is? is it readers, or is it authors? As a reader, I don't look for book promotion services like theirs, I look for books. In their promotional materials, they don't really give the reader any consideration at all. They haven't given me a reason to go there as a reader.

I don't know if you should use this service, or not, but as a reader I don't see how it benefits me.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What puts me off right away is how busy the site is. It's a dreadful layout.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
Al1981

I think it's more for readers. Or perhaps both. People who write and enjoying reading at the same time. I was considering using them perhaps, as not having much luck with sales with my eBook that's recently been released. I doubt many people are seeing my book on Amazon. That's the trouble with self-publishing; it's getting exposure and making your book get attention. Especially after all the hours and slog I've put into it all, lol.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:39 PM   #5
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1981 View Post
I think it's more for readers. Or perhaps both. People who write and enjoying reading at the same time. I was considering using them perhaps, as not having much luck with sales with my eBook that's recently been released. I doubt many people are seeing my book on Amazon. That's the trouble with self-publishing; it's getting exposure and making your book get attention. Especially after all the hours and slog I've put into it all, lol.
Well, the service seems cheap enough, I guess! Not a lot to lose.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2021, 03:46 PM   #6
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
What is Goodkindles?

Goodkindles is a book promotion site for authors and book promoters that helps writers sell their books by listing them on the website itself, and sending information about it to social media followers and newsletter subscribers.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:38 AM   #7
Al1981

I might give them a go.