Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-16-2021, 05:01 AM   #61
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
4/5 for Best Canadian Poetry 2019 at The StoryGraph. With 21 of my target of 130 read, it's now back to LeBlanc, the varied quality of the Lupin stories in the mammoth omnibus is itself quite interesting.

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 01-16-2021 at 06:23 AM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:15 AM   #62
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
How many hours of reading is a feasible amount for 2021 for an early teen with no life?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2021, 10:52 AM   #63
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
How many hours of reading is a feasible amount for 2021 for an early teen with no life?
My sisters used to read 4-6 hours a day during school breaks from ages 11 to 15.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-26-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:18 PM   #64
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Depends how interested they are in long reading sprints. Some love reading, but not reading for hours on end daily, which is fine. I'd aim for a minimum of an hour a day if they have the free time and want to keep growing their interest in reading.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:14 PM   #65
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
30 mins in the morning with breakfast, or on the bus to school, 45 minutes at lunchtime. A hour after school/early evening, and 45 minutes in bed before sleeping.

Two and a half hours, easy.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2021, 11:01 PM   #66
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
(I'm the teen in this case )
Let's see, I read 30 mins in the morning, 15 at lunch, 3-4 hours after school and an hour before bed. I'm addicted to books
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #67
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Let's see, I read 30 mins in the morning, 15 at lunch, 3-4 hours after school and an hour before bed. I'm addicted to books
I had figured, but didn't want to assume

Sounds like you already have an excellent pattern going on there.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:33 PM   #68
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I didn't make it a specific challenge, and I don't know how long I'll continue it, but so far this year I've been alternating nonfiction and fiction. My reading has generally been lopsided in favor of fiction, and I had a stack (figuratively speaking) of nonfiction I wanted to read eventually. So I started alternating and found that I like doing it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:24 PM   #69
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Anybody else having trouble with their challenge count on Goodreads? I just went in to add my current books and it was showing three of the ones I'd finished. Marked today's as read and left a review, which made four on my done list. Or should have ... except half of them disappeared after I added a missing one from a week ago that finally turned up when I searched for it. So now it's trying to tell me I'm 3 books behind when actually I'm right on schedule, because I have read 5 this month despite their counter page insisting on showing just 2. What the heck is up with that? The books that seem to be going missing from people's lists, as far as I can figure out, are from the Prolific Works Winter giveaway.
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:16 PM   #70
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie View Post
Anybody else having trouble with their challenge count on Goodreads?

TheStoryGraph will let you import all your goodreads data, so you could try migrating, or using TSG as a duplicate/backup for your GR challenges, perhaps
Old 01-30-2021, 03:53 PM   #71
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I just finished The Goldfinch Pulitzer prize winning book by Donna Tartt. It is really good. beyond words. only downside is its 774 pages long but it moves along well.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:56 PM   #72
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:

I spend 20 to 30 minutes of my lunch hour reading and I try to read a little before bed.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:10 AM   #73
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

With January more or less done, my Reading Challenges, both here and The StoryGraph, are well under way. LOVE the detailed colorful stats at the StoryGraph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021progress.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	185102   Click image for larger version

Name:	stats1.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	185103   Click image for larger version

Name:	stats2.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	185104   Click image for larger version

Name:	stats3.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	185105   Click image for larger version

Name:	jandone.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	185109  

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 01-31-2021 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:30 AM   #74
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Time for a look back at the first month of the year.

I'm doing quite well. Eight books read, and only three bought and one freebie acquired.

I've also realised that there are some books in my TBR that I'm not enjoying, so I've discarded them.

My TBR now stands at only 843. If I keep this up, I might end the year with it around (or perhaps under) 800!

Slightly disappointing that I've only had three 5/5 books so far, and two were rereads of books I'd read in paper long ago.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:54 PM   #75
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
With January more or less done, my Reading Challenges, both here and The StoryGraph, are well under way. LOVE the detailed colorful stats at the StoryGraph.
Interesting. Those are pretty nifty. I keep seeing mentions of StoryGraph. I am pretty tied into Goodreads, although less active than I used to be - I am going to import my info into Storygraph from GR and check out the site to see if it holds my interest for random updating.

Edited to add - it looks like they are pretty limited with the custom shelves, and like GR, did not have a default wishlist. I may check it out mainly for social features but it doesn't look like something I feel like doing hours of work moving stuff over right now.

Last edited by Paperbackstash; 01-31-2021 at 02:58 PM.