Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-23-2021, 07:43 PM   #91
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With Kobo Nickel, line height is on the way too large side.
When I use Kobo Nickel, I decrease the line spacing to 0. The font itself is still pretty largish though.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:59 PM   #92
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I've been experimenting with some new fonts other than Bookerly again. I had tried a few years back with Paperwhites but decided to vary things again. I still wish I could save more "themes" with favorite font settings, but ...

Last night and today I have been using Libre Baskerville, Bold 2, Size 4, smallest spacing, on the Oasis 3. I'm enjoying the font and settings while reading an Urban Fantasy book. Same settings as for Literata, Bookerly, ChareInk, Utopia. I know many rave on Bitter, to me it's okay, same settings as the others here if use it.

For some quirkiness I like Rojarivo, Bold 2, Size 4, Middle Spacing. Use the same settings for Merriweather for when want large and bit more curvy.

Vollkorn, Sabon, and Lusitana I also like, but with those the bold is set at 2 and size if set to 5, otherwise they are a bit too small.

I was bored the other night and messing around with fonts sounded good. Many of the popular ones are too thin or small for me. Still going through others.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2021, 08:08 PM   #93
jazzover
jazzover began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
Hi,
The title of the thread explains the question roughly.
For me, I use something like Tribute Roman, EB Garamond, Caslon or Crimson Pro for things like Lovecraft or horror/Sci-Fi books, and something like Bookerly or Caecilia for other subjects books.
I may as well change fonts while reading while one annoys me too much, or while it seems unclear (I have very sharp eyes, and I hope they'll sell devices with 500 ppi screens soon).

And you?
i am using georgia for a historic novel
jazzover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:27 PM   #94
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I put Literata Book on my new Forma and have really enjoyed it. I used to just use Georgia on Kobo or Bookerly on Kindle, but Literata Book is feeling likely to become my new go to.

I don't tend to switch fonts between genres though. Perhaps I'll explore that, but mostly, as long as my eyes are happy, I'm happy. And reading!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:33 AM   #95
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I love both Georgia and Malabar on my Kobo. Malabar is great for reading in two page landscape format - because it is a little bigger than the other fonts, it is still legible at the smallest two sizes (required to trigger 2-page reading of epubs). Saying that, I mostly use Kepubs these days.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #96
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I put Literata Book on my new Forma and have really enjoyed it. I used to just use Georgia on Kobo or Bookerly on Kindle, but Literata Book is feeling likely to become my new go to.
Kobo displays fonts differently on ePub vs. kepub.

I love Georgia on my Nook (ePub). But on my Kobo (kepub) georgia didn't look so good. For those, Literata Book is great (it kinda looks like Georgia does on my Nook).
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #97
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
For those who like Literata Book definitely give Lexia DaMa a try. After trying LD I haven't gone back to LB.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:08 PM   #98
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I think there's a kobopatch to make it more consistent, but I believe it's not been yet updated for the latest firmware.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:51 PM   #99
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

I love Georgia on my Nook (ePub). But on my Kobo (kepub) georgia didn't look so good. For those, Literata Book is great (it kinda looks like Georgia does on my Nook).
I no longer have a Nook, Nook went to a relative less than a year after its purchase in 2011. Liked the device well enough, but couldn't stand that side-loaded books had to be in a separate location from Nook books. A Sony came next...

Oddly, I've not noticed any particular difference between reading with the same font on ePub vs. kepub. I just finished proofreading one of my own digitized books as ePub and am currently reading a library book delivered as kepub and I'm not noticing anything at all different in the way Literata Book displays, other than the usual kepub stuff, no ligatures and spaces after em-dashes. And of course, font sizing differences between the two formats.

It may just mean I'm oblivious!
Old 10-16-2021, 03:52 PM   #100
graycyn
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourneur View Post
For those who like Literata Book definitely give Lexia DaMa a try. After trying LD I haven't gone back to LB.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a whirl in the near future!
Old 10-16-2021, 07:32 PM   #101
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I do not see the text when I read, so fonts do not matter to me. Unless they make it difficult to read the text.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:47 PM   #102
paulag
paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
During the day I love Bookerly size 3 bold 1, but at night I prefer reading Palatino size 4 no bold.
paulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:56 AM   #103
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi everyone. Next week I'm goona buy the new Libra 2.
Can you suggest me some good fonts? I know that there is some fonts, like the Kindle one, made just for ebook readers.
Ansem_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:00 PM   #104
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
Hi everyone. Next week I'm goona buy the new Libra 2.
Can you suggest me some good fonts? I know that there is some fonts, like the Kindle one, made just for ebook readers.
I like Google's Literata Book.

I play around with different fonts, but always go back to it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:05 PM   #105
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
I've recently discovered Bitter and like it for use in night mode. Available in Google fonts.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote