Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-05-2020, 05:24 PM   #1
earthabbey
earthabbey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
What read later service is everyone using?

Wondering what read later service everyone is using with their Boox?

I have the e-ink Note, so my comments are related to that, maybe it is not the same for the non e-ink screen....

The main features I would like are:
- reading mode (no ads etc)
- full text search
- archiving
- tagging or folders
- highlighting
- adding notes/comments
- ability to see the highlights and notes/comments all together instead of needing to open each article to see them.

Pocket works well enough but Pocket as a service has some limitations. The biggest one for me is not being able to add notes, only highlights.

Instapaper lets you add notes but on my Boox I can't seem to get highlighting to work, only notes so that's a bit annoying.

Are there other ones that people are using?
earthabbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:11 PM   #2
gerwitz
gerwitz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Two years later, I have the same question. I’ve been using Instapaper specifically because Readwise integrates with it. But I find the swipe-to-page finicky on my Poke 3. I wonder if the page turn buttons on the Leaf case work with Instapaper?

I’m cautiously hopeful the new Readwise Reader app will be eink-friendly.
gerwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 06:35 PM   #3
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
One of the reasons I got an Onyx device was to be able to read Pocket articles. So far, the app works pretty well on my Nova 3. I don’t swipe to turns pages though. Scrolling in speed mode is great with minimal ghosting.
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:28 PM   #4
incumbent
Opinionator
incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / iPad Mini Retina • iBooks (macOS, iOS) & Marvin
I have been an enthusiastic user of Pinboard.in and Instapaper for quite a while and my attempt to stand up Wallabag was sidelined but probably something I'd like.
incumbent is offline   Reply With Quote