Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2022, 08:30 PM   #136
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I made a typo and left out a word. I meant for books that were previously opened. All of those books will need the font slider adjusted and not just a few pushes of the +. And if you just start with a new book after patching, that one will also have to have the font size adjusted. This goes for both ePub and KePub because the previous patch adjusted the KePub size to match ePub. Now it's reversed and that means none of the previously opened books are at the correct font size.

If the patch worked the same as it did before, then no books would need to have the font size adjusted,.
If the patch were changed again, that would mean all the people who have been using the current version for the past two months will have to adjust the font size when opening a previously opened book.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 01:17 AM   #137
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I have no plans to change it. As I said, if you want a larger range of bigger sizes, adjust the minimum sizes in the Custom font sizes patch.

The epub font sizes have broken DPI handling on some devices, and so needs to be fixed anyway, so it's easier to set it all for epubs and not touch the kepub settings.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:33 PM   #138
Daniel Jackson
SG-1
Daniel Jackson began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
If some patches are already installed and I want to add more later, must I enable the old patches again too in the yaml file when enabling the new ones?
Daniel Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:36 PM   #139
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
If some patches are already installed and I want to add more later, must I enable the old patches again too in the yaml file when enabling the new ones?
You already have the patches you've applied enabled. You just have to enable the patches want to add and go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 01:47 AM   #140
Daniel Jackson
SG-1
Daniel Jackson began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
What I thought, just wanted to be sure. Thanks!
Daniel Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:16 AM   #141
doki43
Enthusiast
doki43 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Patch suggestions: Have "Search in book" in the same menu as "Highlight". Basically, as it is, you click on a word and you have the options "Highlight", "Add Note" and "Search". Then, if you click "Search", you can "Search in book". that is too many clicks for me. I'd prefer to have "Search in book" right in the first menu.

Would this be possible/easy?
doki43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:57 AM   #142
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What I thought, just wanted to be sure. Thanks!
Now that 4.31 has been released, I'd forget enabling the patches you want for 4.30 and do this for 4.31. The patches for 4.31 have also been released. If you use NickelMenu, that's also been updated for 4.31.
Old 02-13-2022, 02:09 PM   #143
rjh4242
Enthusiast
rjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Marvin 3 on iPad/iPhone
I just tried to install the patches for 4.30, as I've downgraded from 4.31 due to database corruption issues that may be firmware related. When I run kobopatch.bat, it gives an error that it can't find the 4.31 firmware file, but surely it should be looking for the 4.30 firmware file. Have I done something wrong somewhere?

Just to be sure I redownloaded the Kobopatch 4.30 installation zip file and tried again - same error.

Last edited by rjh4242; 02-13-2022 at 02:11 PM.
rjh4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 02:18 PM   #144
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh4242 View Post
I just tried to install the patches for 4.30, as I've downgraded from 4.31 due to database corruption issues that may be firmware related. When I run kobopatch.bat, it gives an error that it can't find the 4.31 firmware file, but surely it should be looking for the 4.30 firmware file. Have I done something wrong somewhere?

Just to be sure I redownloaded the Kobopatch 4.30 installation zip file and tried again - same error.
You have to also download the 4.30 patches from the first post in this thread.
Old 02-13-2022, 02:28 PM   #145
rjh4242
Enthusiast
rjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Marvin 3 on iPad/iPhone
Sorry, my fault. I had downloaded the right files, but the problem was that I then copied over the whole of my kobopatch.yaml file from the 4.31 patching, rather than just the overrides. Doh!
rjh4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:27 PM   #146
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
You would need to ensure both the already installed patches and the patches you want to add are enabled. Otherwise the generated file will not have the previously selected patches and they will be removed.

If you wanted to remove all patches, simply generate the patch file will all patches disabled.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:05 PM   #147
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
EDIT: never mind, I found the updated instructions in the 4.31 thread.

Help please? I'm trying to do this for the first time, and I'm using a Mac (MacOS 12.2.1, M1 chip). When I try to run kobopatch.sh in terminal, I get a popup window informing me that
Quote:
"kobopatch-darwin-64bit" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
I know how to bypass this if I'm just using the Finder, but I don't know how to do that in Terminal.

Last edited by fogice; 03-21-2022 at 04:07 PM.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching