Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #31
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Woah, no, Guadalajara won't do now.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:16 PM   #32
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Woah, no, Guadalajara won't do now.
.. call me Deacon Blue...

I also bought 12 months access to musescore.com

quality is variable - some scores are naff - others are pretty good - but its better than searching you tube & hoping for a miracle...

they disable " download" for the official scores but windows snip is a
wonderful invention

for calibre imports of their downloads, I am setting the author to "musescore", so I know where I found it, and what quality to expect

I tried a free trial of scribd but that's useless - none of their sheet music is scaleable so its unreadable for my eyes
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:43 AM   #33
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well the £8 wired device arrived & works.. but it stops working after a sleep wake, and has to be unplugged, replugged.
I though it was powertoys going awol but no, all the key remaps survive restart, sleep wake etc. i realised that I never use the number pad when typing, so i mapped -, + and 0 keys on the keypad (without messing up the main top row keys on main kb), to media play/pause, next track, previous track to those for controlling play-along tracks

that works for spotify , even when I have the pDF in full screen

i may look for a better one that stays connected always but its hard to check for that in amazon reviews. I got the pad balanced on the piano top, with a stick pad, but I don't fancy having to unplug it at the pc multiple times a day, and I dont like leaving PC awake when not in use.
PDFxchange has a useful stay awake option for when its in full screen, so it wont sleep half way thru a tune...

this is the cheap one. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/produc...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-13-2022, 09:07 AM   #34
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Go to devmgmt.msc and uncheck Power Management > "Allow computer to turn off to save power".
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:47 AM   #35
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Go to devmgmt.msc and uncheck Power Management > "Allow computer to turn off to save power".
thanks - it may be something simple like that as its working ok now on a different PC
next time it goes wonky i will check all the power settings...