Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #61
jgneff
jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: Kobo Touch B/C, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Basically, I click on the link in their your book is now available email and check out without downloading.
I'm pretty sure that's what I did (multiple times), but only the Kobo Preview of the book was delivered to my Kobo each time. I'm starting to think it just depends on the book. It seems as if whatever they're using to correlate the library book with the book in the Kobo Store is linking it to the preview copy instead of the actual book.
jgneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:19 AM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgneff View Post
I'm pretty sure that's what I did (multiple times), but only the Kobo Preview of the book was delivered to my Kobo each time. I'm starting to think it just depends on the book. It seems as if whatever they're using to correlate the library book with the book in the Kobo Store is linking it to the preview copy instead of the actual book.
That sounds more like there is a problem with the lending period. When it expires, the book is replaced with the preview. If the dates weren't transferred properly, or not updated when the hold is actually available, it could lead to something like this.

That's just a guess. I don't use the library enough to really know the ins-and-outs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2020, 11:11 AM   #63
jgneff
jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.jgneff can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's just a guess. I don't use the library enough to really know the ins-and-outs.
That's a good guess. Thanks. If I encounter the problem again, I'll see whether another call to my library might solve it.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #64
jgneff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For me, without auto-checkout, I have to borrow the book through the library web interface before it will synchronize to my Kobo. Basically, I click on the link in their your book is now available email and check out without downloading.
Hey, it worked! Thanks, David. I followed your steps exactly, and the real book (not the preview) showed up after syncing this time. This was with the Vancouver Public Library, by the way, and it seems they removed the auto-checkout feature on March 3, 2020. Still not sure why I got only the preview last time.