Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #151
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
It's raining again!! Yay!!!.... wait a minute, that's not something to celebrate
It is if you live on a farm or you've just planted a lot of landscaping like we have!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #152
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yeah baby !!! it looks like i'm going to have a new project starting soon, and it's going to be a fun one !!! i just hope it'll be well-paid... we haven't talked tarifs yet because i need to have a better idea of exactly what they want. but, it's something ! (i can't believe i'm getting so excited over work. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #153
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yeah baby !!! it looks like i'm going to have a new project starting soon, and it's going to be a fun one !!! i just hope it'll be well-paid... we haven't talked tarifs yet because i need to have a better idea of exactly what they want. but, it's something ! (i can't believe i'm getting so excited over work. )

good on yer.

...maybe you should throw in a clause that includes a van of heavies to persuade your landlord to sort out your floods for you .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #154
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Fabulous, Zee! You know w*** can ocassionally be a good thing - particularly when it puts (vegetarian) bacon on the table, appeases the landlord, and pays for a Gadget of the Month subscription package from ThinkGeek.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #155
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Fabulous, Zee! You know w*** can ocassionally be a good thing - particularly when it puts (vegetarian) bacon on the table, appeases the landlord, and pays for a Gadget of the Month subscription package from ThinkGeek.

Vegan bacon is very good ... despite the obvious oxymoronic context ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #156
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
exactly !

(what's this about a Gadget of the Month subscription package from ThinkGeek ??????)
Old 05-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #157
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
exactly !

(what's this about a Gadget of the Month subscription package from ThinkGeek ??????)
(shock) (horror)

You mean do you have one?!?!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #158
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
(shock) (horror)

You mean do you have one?!?!
i mean, if such a thing exists, it will be painfully difficult for me to resist getting one... and if i do break down, i will blame you for that !
Old 05-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #159
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

This month was the USB Trebuchet kit. Awesome. You could probably launch SHUMs from that sucker - powered by your laptop! I can't wait for June's gadget to arrive. I don't know what it will be (they like to keep it a surprise) but they're hinting that it will involve helicopter blades, a llama, and a 1957 Chevy.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #160
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
This month was the USB Trebuchet kit. Awesome. You could probably launch SHUMs from that sucker - powered by your laptop! I can't wait for June's gadget to arrive. I don't know what it will be (they like to keep it a surprise) but they're hinting that it will involve helicopter blades, a llama, and a 1957 Chevy.
[cartoon sound of a whizzing bullet as the entire population of the llounge runs en masse to subscribe in time for june's gadget. in related news, thinkgeek announced record hits to their website this afternoon, leading to a temporary server overload that had the site paralysed for several hours as people continued to try to access it. "we thought it was a dos attack at first," says a company spokesgadget, "but it turned out to be apparently an unprecedented number of psocks. who knew psocks liked gadgets ?"]
Old 05-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #161
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I LOVE ThinkGeek! My husband and older kids go through the catalog before every gift giving holiday and make a list! Last Christmas I bought David (my husband) one of the extra powerful green laser pens (he likes to drive the dogs crazy with it ). It was great to use to point out stars and constellations, too. Zack (my 20 year old son) asked for the E-ink watch. We had no idea how huge it would be (he's fairly thin) and the thing was way too big for his arm, but it was pretty cool looking! We ended up sending it back, though. Zack also swears by the caffeinated soap, but I think it's all in his head!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #162
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I got my Clocky from thinkgeek
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote