Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #1
procyon
copyleft librarian
procyon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Ghost entries

I am using a Voyage 5.6.5. It is Jailbroken, however the following problem has occurred on both hacked and stock systems:

After deleting book entries, the cover/listing remains on the device. Selecting it generates an "Item Not Available" message, but I can't get rid of the listing for the non-present title.

Advice?
procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have the same issue as times with both my voyage, and my PW2. The only way I have gotten rid of it is to do a reset of my device, hopefully someone has a better answer.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I have, rarely, managed to get errors like that or similar, usually by doing something that surprised the firmware. e.g. Adding multiple copies of a book with the same ASIN, or modifying a book without first telling the firmware it was deleted (by deleting it and afterwards resending).

The issue will be corruption of the Content Catalog which is a database stored in /var/local/cc.db -- if you delete this (requires jailbreak, plus kterm or USBNetwork for rootfs access) then the Kindle will rebuild the Library list from scratch and resync collections from the Cloud.

Resetting the device works too... because resetting the device clears the contents of /var/local/ in addition to deregistering and wiping the userstore.
But it is not necessary if you are jailbroken.

In fact, if you are jailbroken I highly encourage you to not reset since if you do it will damage the jailbreak and require immediate reinstall of the bridge/hotfix, and if you get a firmware update in the meantime you will have to begin from scratch to jailbreak your device again. (At least it is possible again, now we have a universal factory image jailbreak to replace the 5.6.5-specific one.)

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-24-2016 at 12:41 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote