Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
martincarlsoon
martincarlsoon began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Is it possible to read .lit files in iPhone?

I have recently got hold of some .lit files and want to upload it to iPhone. But does iPhone read .lit files? If not, then is there any application that will help me do it?
martincarlsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
I don't know if they can be read (doubtful) but the obvious solution is converting them with calibre. http://calibre-ebook.com/
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Stanza reads .lit files.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by martincarlsoon View Post
I have recently got hold of some .lit files and want to upload it to iPhone. But does iPhone read .lit files? If not, then is there any application that will help me do it?
.lit = Microsoft. So I'd be quite surprised, if DRMed .lit would be working on any non-Microsoft OS. Non-DRMed can be read on various 3rd party apps, some of them mentioned already.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Hi you will have to convert them in a program like Calibre and then transfer them to Stanza on your iphone.
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
Shieko
Shieko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O Aura
Or just use calibre as the content server for stanza... It can stay as a .lit just fine, no converting to something else necessary.
Shieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
martincarlsoon
martincarlsoon began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Is this calibre free or do I have to buy it?
martincarlsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Calibre is free. There is a Calibre forum here on Mobileread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166. There are tips for using it and you can post any questions you have there. Calibre is very easy to use and does a great job converting .lit files. Here is the download link:http://calibre-ebook.com/download. The developer is a member of Mobileread too.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote