Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: January 2010 MobileRead Book Club Vote
The Machine Stops by E. M. Forster 32 24.43%
Anathem by Neal Stephenson 28 21.37%
Under the Dome by Stephen King 29 22.14%
Inherit the Stars by James P. Hogan 20 15.27%
A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge 15 11.45%
Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow 7 5.34%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
I put my vote in for SK I would like to discuss it even if is doesnt win, we could start another thresd right?
Yes, we will - if it becomes necessary.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #32
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A reason to start another thread (to my way of thinking) is to allow discussion over (on?) a certain progressive page count. This would involve an orderly progression for topics, character motivation, plot discussion, setting, etc.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #33
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Quote:
A reason to start another thread (to my way of thinking) is to allow discussion over (on?) a certain progressive page count. This would involve an orderly progression for topics, character motivation, plot discussion, setting, etc.
YES! Whenever ya'll are ready, I am too!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #34
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
I put my vote in for SK I would like to discuss it even if is doesnt win, we could start another thresd right?
One exists now.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
One exists now.
Wait I think one already exists!

wait is there an echo in here...an echo in here....in here...he...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #36
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey speaking of that, time is quickly running out and SK is in the lead.....votes! votes!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Wait I think one already exists!

wait is there an echo in here...an echo in here....in here...he...
Yeah, but my echo had a link.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #38
kennyc

Quote:
Yeah, but my echo had a link.
Yeah so did Harry's and Don's
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #39
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Yeah so did Harry's and Don's
I see. I didn't read the whole thread before posting.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #40
kennyc

Quote:
I see. I didn't read the whole thread before posting.
Actually I don't think Don's did, so ...

Does look like SK is in the lead though.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there any way to find out who voted for Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom and sort out the poll so their votes can be erased and they can be PMed to vote again for a different book? Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom was not supposed to be part of the poll. So the people who voted for it wasted their votes. And their votes should go to one of the other choices which do belong.

Please let's do this right. Nate took it upon himself to start the poll and when I tried to correct it, we got the correct poll taken down and this one left up. And I want to see things put right instead of this sham of a poll that's incorrect.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #42
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please let's do this right. Nate took it upon himself to start the poll and when I tried to correct it, we got the correct poll taken down and this one left up. And I want to see things put right instead of this sham of a poll that's incorrect.
So there were two polls. I knew I had voted in one and then the thread disappeared and I ended up voting in this one. Very confusing.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #43
kennyc

What a mess. Mr. Bob takes a short vacation and anarchy breaks out.

Only 6 votes for Down in any case.

Is it really not supposed to be here?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #44
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
What a mess. Mr. Bob takes a short vacation and anarchy breaks out.

Only 6 votes for Down in any case.

Is it really not supposed to be here?
If final winning tally is by 6 votes or less, will the Supreme Court be called in to settle this?
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #45
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
If final winning tally is by 6 votes or less, will the Supreme Court be called in to settle this?
Of course, it will be bigger [and more important] than Bush v Gore.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote