Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-18-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
Big L
Big L began at the beginning.

Device: Fire Gen 5
5th Generation Mirroring

Hello Folks,

I'll try and make this short. I am trying to load movies onto a Fire tablet that has mirroring and take it to a remote area that has no internet and watch movies on a TV.

I called amazon and they said it can be done with a Samsung TV which I have at the cabin. Not sure if it has the capability though. I can't check until I am there again.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is another way to connect without having Internet/wifi?

I bought a new fire stick however the tablet can not see it when I try to mirror, however it does see the Roku box and works through that... another call to amazon!

Thanks!

L
Big L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
Hello Folks,

I'll try and make this short. I am trying to load movies onto a Fire tablet that has mirroring and take it to a remote area that has no internet and watch movies on a TV.

I called amazon and they said it can be done with a Samsung TV which I have at the cabin. Not sure if it has the capability though. I can't check until I am there again.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is another way to connect without having Internet/wifi?

I bought a new fire stick however the tablet can not see it when I try to mirror, however it does see the Roku box and works through that... another call to amazon!

Thanks!

L
Double checked. You either have to have wifi or a mini to regular HDMI cord.
Sorry. Yes, it will work if you have a smart TV and wifi or the cord.
They have to have a way to communicate.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #3
Big L

I kind of thought that was the situation. I don't think the Gen 5 can connect through a cable. I might see what model does and buy an old one?? Kind of pricey for old equipment though...
Old 08-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Why not just leave it all behind and enjoy the cabin in the rural setting?

You can already sit indoors and watch television at home, save all of the travel and special cords, etc. etc.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Fire forum, where questions about the Fire, surprisingly enough, belong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 06:44 PM   #6
Big L

Harry, thanks for the move, I did not see the Fire Forum. I kinda thought they were the same. Only had a fire for 24 hours.

knc1 If that's what I wanted to do I wouldn't have posted this. It would be a nice option if I want to watch a flick at night...to each his own.

Since I have not heard a reply about any other options I guess there are none. I never should have listened to my friend I should have gone to this forum for info first. I like the tablet but I guess it is going back to amazon along with the fire stick.

I wish I could download to a laptop but that is not an option with prime.

Thanks for the information

L
Old 08-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I kind of thought that was the situation. I don't think the Gen 5 can connect through a cable. I might see what model does and buy an old one?? Kind of pricey for old equipment though...
I can tell you the older models won't do that.
Best you can do is buy the cord and see. If it will mirror, it should have the cord function.
It is a whole $5.29.

https://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Hi...dp/B00608WXGA/

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-18-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #8
Big L

I can tell you the older models will do that.

What you showed is a mini HDMI.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9ft-Micro-HD...YAAOSwct1ZejoP

2nd Gen will connect with a micro HDMI.

That is the direction I may go...seems crazy to go that far backwards but amazon saves money not having the connector on the new tablets.

Gen 5 (the one I have) and other models only have a charging port.

L
Old 08-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
I can tell you the older models will do that.

What you showed is a mini HDMI.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9ft-Micro-HD...YAAOSwct1ZejoP

2nd Gen will connect with a micro HDMI.

That is the direction I may go...seems crazy to go that far backwards but amazon saves money not having the connector on the new tablets.

Gen 5 (the one I have) and other models only have a charging port.

L
You can plug that into that port.
I know my fire won't mirror.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:23 AM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Only the Older 2013 7" model uses the cord. I have yet to figure out the Mirror on my 5th gen.....CS says my TVs are too old Don't understand that. I got the Fire 10" then got the Westinghouse TV ....so how its too old beats me.

I play my Amazon movies by Downloading them before I leave home... Vudu movies and several others wont work on Fires
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #11
Big L

Barbara,

You should be able to connect as long as you have an HDMI port on your TV and you have a Roku or Fire stick.

If you go to Settings on your Gen 5, swipe down from the top, hit settings, go to display, then you will see display mirroring. If you don't see that listed you can't mirror... but you probably already knew that.

Good luck!

L
Old 08-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Only the Older 2013 7" model uses the cord. I have yet to figure out the Mirror on my 5th gen.....CS says my TVs are too old Don't understand that. I got the Fire 10" then got the Westinghouse TV ....so how its too old beats me.

I play my Amazon movies by Downloading them before I leave home... Vudu movies and several others wont work on Fires
Link to your tv please. I can't say I have seen anything Westinghouse in years.
Googled. Now silly question: is your TV smart?
Old 08-19-2017, 03:29 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Vudu movies and several others wont work on Fires
They work fine on the current Fire's it's just that you can't get the apps from Amazon. I've got Vudu and others on mine along with the Google Play store and the work great.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:

That's not correct. The 2012 Fire HDs are the only models with a micro HDMI port. I have both the 7" and the 8.9". They are second generation Fires.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote