Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
What is format to search for unicode in calibre with regex?

I had gotten some material off the web which has unicode paragraph breaks (U+2029) in it.

I found it very hard to select just his character alone...I ended up having to select the space(s) near it as well.

What is correct regex formulation to select such a unicode character generally so I can pull out just the character?

I tried several combinations using \x and curly brackets, but nothing seemed to work.

As I wrote this, I realized I can get this through special characters, diacritic marks...thanks again for it.

But it might be faster for some more obscure ones to just find out the number and be able to regex it out.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
\u2029
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, Kovid, I copied and pasted and it wasn't found.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is the correct syntax, remember to be in regex mode.

Also, the unicode paragraph separator character is used internally by Qt, so IIRC it is automatically replaced by new lines, which means you may not be able to search for it at all, regardless of syntax.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:33 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone

I will test by inserting a different unicode character.

Later: Yup, it has a blind spot there and at 202a, but works fine for the others. Thanks for the info.

No need to read out the odd characters unicode number when found in the editor as I suggested earlier, since the readout in unicode is on the insert chart and can be searched for by name.

Last edited by mrmikel; 01-15-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Advert