Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am going to bed! [unutterable silliness]

Sure, you think you don't care, but I know, deep down, you really do care that it is way past my bedtime (by which I mean "reading time") and that you think I should pop off now so that I'm mighty chipper come morning.

So, Alexander's wily attempts to coach us...I mean, me, into the forum's frontpage online chat space be damned (he's a swell chap, that Alexander, whose blood is worth bottling. I shall buy him a beer, and send it by sea mail so that it's nice and fizzy at the other end), I'm going to bed.

You lot behave yourselves, and make sure you've all read everything I've written in the past few hours so that I can continue to imagine that the universe revolves around me (but I'm craftily undoing all the bolts in the pivot - that'll teach the bloody thing for playing me like a spinning top!). Don't bother with my "review" of "The Sparrow" though (in the "Sci books that will change your life" thread) - I was in a blood-raged apocalyptic mood, it being Sunday night and all, and I'll probably retract everything in the morning (not the bit about Alexander though - he's like a delightfully loving, maternal mother hen to us brood of little eggheads).

Ni-night, sleep tight, don't let the MONSTERS BLOODY MONSTERS WITH ELECTRIC CATTLEPROD TEETH AND RAZORBLADES FOR EYEBALLS AND TENTACLES FOR LEGS WITH SYRINGES FOR SUCKERS bite.

Don't forget, this thread is noted for "unutterable silliness", so no going off-topic (that is, no utterable unsilliness)

Cheers, and sweet dreams,
Marc (Mmmm, satin sheets and fevered nightmares...ahhhhhhh)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sweet dreams, Marc.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you go to our favourite Great Old One's profile:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=6663

You will notice something rather amusing. Under "Friends" on the right, it currently says:

Cthulhu has not made any friends yet
Befriend Cthulhu

(That last line being the link).

The Great Old Ones are like that. It explains the tshirts they wear saying "Doesn't play well with others".

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
I have beheaded many people since my return.

What? BeFRIEND? oops.

I have some quite embarrassing letters to write.

When did this little site about books and pies devolve into social networking?!
Man!

I go away from the Interweb for deux semaine & everyone has delusions of Friendster!

Query:

Is Unutterable silliness the obverse side of Eldritch Horror?
If so, boy! Do I have the commemorative coin for you!
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I have beheaded many people since my return.

What? BeFRIEND? oops.
Who'd have thought that Cthulhu was just actually just a big softy with dyslexia?

Quote:
I have some quite embarrassing letters to write.
I find the letter "Z" embarrassing - if you have to use the letter "Z", you're probably just a pretentious twat confusing intelligence with having a large vocabulary.

Quote:
It's the zeitgeist, mate. Get with the times-and-spaces.

Quote:
Man!
Last time I looked (and I look often).

Quote:
I go away from the Interweb for deux semaine & everyone has delusions of Friendster!
That's it. You are so, like, you know, blocked, dude. Whatever.

Quote:
Query:

Is Unutterable silliness the obverse side of Eldritch Horror?
It could be. I like the paradox of noting that a thread is full of uttered unuterable silliness, and the opposite of a paradox can only be another paradox, so if Eldritch Horror is utterable unsilliness (even if the utterances are in a langage that uses a lot of back-of-the-throat throwing-up kind of noises and few vowels)...well, it could be obverse.

Quote:
If so, boy! Do I have the commemorative coin for you!
Can I get some in change from a rock lobster?

Cheers,
Marc
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Sorry, eel skin pelts only. Although non-sacrificed virgins can be used in a pinch. Depends upon your bedtime.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
... non-sacrificed virgins can be used in a pinch. ...
Would scarified non-virgins work? They might be easier to find. And if he's dyslexic, he might not notice......
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My nose is burning... did someone mention pie? Mmmm... pie...

I just gave blood, so I could use some pie.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
My nose is burning... did someone mention pie? Mmmm... pie...

I just gave blood, so I could use some pie.
As long as you didn't give the blood the Cthulhu, you can have some of this apple pie with nectarine icecream I just made (nectarine icecream tastes kind-of coconut milky for some reason, and goes really well with most apple-ish or stone-fruit pies).

Cheers,
Marc (or was it a meat pie you're after?)
Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Shh! My wife's in the room!

On the other hand...

Louder! Louder!!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
so you're awake again then ? sleep well ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #12
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Man!...
I'm trying to figure the same. Is it that facebook rage? With only half an hour a day I have ways to make up to.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
All I can say is turn the volume up to 11 to wake the neighbors.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All I can say is turn the volume up to 11 to wake the neighbors.
Really? Do you think they'd like the gentle, soothing tones of the Rocky Horror Picture Show Movie Soundtrack...because, you know, I try to be neighbourly, so I can do it if you think it's the right thing to do.

Cheers,
Marc ("...the blackness would hiiiiit me, and the void would be caaalllliiiing...")
Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Who does not love the sweet love songs such as "Damn It Janet"? It will get you and your neighbors closer and what could be closer than sharing a cell in the local lockup after your arrest? And while you are there you can start that bread and water diet that Paris Hilton used in the LA jail -- look how thin she was on release.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caramel, chickens, clouds of enlightenment, cockroaches, monsters, sleep, texas, unutterable silliness