Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #1
rkr
rkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo aura hd
calibre shelf management not working

i bought kobo aura hd few weeks back. i have downloaded latest calibre version 1.5.0 and kobo touch extended plugin. i also set the metadata management to automatic.i put the tag type #bookshelf in the plugin settings(didnt change other settings).i disabled other kobo plugins.
the problems i encountered:
1) as i put the name of the shelf in custom metadata (in the textbox next to column heading-kobo bookshelf) they get added to the column.
then i sent the file once to memory card then ejected & once to main memory then ejected -result=one of the shelves that i had formed with the ereader had gone from having 8 books to 0 books and no new shelf(formed with calibre) was there on the ereader

what am i doing wrong??
2)can i make shelves with books that i send through calibre(after customizing metadata) to memory card??
3) i have read the term series shelves on calibre-kobo threads.i cant understand what does this mean??

please help
thanks in advance.
rkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
rkr
rkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to beholdrkr is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo aura hd
another question i wanted to ask was that can i manage my shelves both with ereader and calibre or is it just have to be with calibre??
pls help
thanks
rkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkr View Post
i bought kobo aura hd few weeks back. i have downloaded latest calibre version 1.5.0 and kobo touch extended plugin. i also set the metadata management to automatic.i put the tag type #bookshelf in the plugin settings(didnt change other settings).
If the shelves don't already exist on the device, you need to set the "Create shelves" option in the driver.
Quote:
i disabled other kobo plugins.
the problems i encountered:
1) as i put the name of the shelf in custom metadata (in the textbox next to column heading-kobo bookshelf) they get added to the column.
then i sent the file once to memory card then ejected & once to main memory then ejected -result=one of the shelves that i had formed with the ereader had gone from having 8 books to 0 books and no new shelf(formed with calibre) was there on the ereader

what am i doing wrong??
2)can i make shelves with books that i send through calibre(after customizing metadata) to memory card??
All the rest sound correct.
Quote:
3) i have read the term series shelves on calibre-kobo threads.i cant understand what does this mean??
You can use more than one column in the configuration for the shelves. If you use the "series" column, it will create a shelf for each series and put the books for the series on it. Hence "series shelf".
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkr View Post
another question i wanted to ask was that can i manage my shelves both with ereader and calibre or is it just have to be with calibre??
The driver will change the shelves for books that are on the device that are also in the calibre library. It won't do anything for other books on the device and it won't change their shelf.

I suggest you have a look in the stickies at the top of the forum. There is a shelf management thread that covers all this and more.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
perhaps this might help for creating shelves.

The basic steps are; (unplug Glo from PC).

Create a Custom Column in Calibre; Shelves
Create the Shelves for Calibre under "tag Browser" in "Look and feel"; #Shelves, SciFi, NonFic, etc.,
Create the Shelves for the Glo in the koboTouch driver in Calibre; #Shelves, SciFi, NonFic, etc.,
Set the Import/Export to Automatic in "Sending books to devices".
(restarts are required to ensure that all changes take effect).

Edit the book/'s "Custom Metadata" with shelf label.

Calibre will auto sync with the Glo;
After a restart of Calibre.
When connecting the Glo to the PC if Calibre is open.

Last edited by leftright; 10-06-2013 at 10:31 PM.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote