Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Thevor
Thevor began at the beginning.

Device: In the market for one
Looking For Advice

Hello!

I am in the market for an ebook and have been having trouble finding what I am looking for. The stores in my area haven't even heard of ebooks and my online searches haven't come up with what I have wanted so I thought I'd come here to ask you people.

Slim and tough is my priority but I would like to find one that has touchscreen so I can highlight a quote that I may need to reference later. It would be nice to be able to tag a quote to give an idea of what the quote is about without having to sort through every quote I have highlighted in the text.

So...has anyone heard of this miracle reader?
Looking forward to your answers. Thanks!
Thevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Iliad has a touch screen, but if you are in the US the Kindle may better fit your needs. It does not have a touch screen, but it has an innovative "select wheel" that allows navigation vertically in the page and a keyboard for entering notes.

The other thing that is unique to the Kindle is that it can search everything on the device at once. This includes your notes and "clippings" (which could be quotes - however some ebooks don't allow clippings).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevor View Post
Hello!

I am in the market for an ebook and have been having trouble finding what I am looking for. The stores in my area haven't even heard of ebooks and my online searches haven't come up with what I have wanted so I thought I'd come here to ask you people.

Slim and tough is my priority but I would like to find one that has touchscreen so I can highlight a quote that I may need to reference later. It would be nice to be able to tag a quote to give an idea of what the quote is about without having to sort through every quote I have highlighted in the text.

So...has anyone heard of this miracle reader?
Looking forward to your answers. Thanks!
In current dedicated eBook readers the only touch screens are the iRex iLiad and the eBookwise-1150. Check our wiki for details on these devices. They won't exactly do what you want but you can also bookmark pages to add additional data so search for. You are asking for very specialized application.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote