Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
acollie25
acollie25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Creating an E-Book Quiz in Mobipocket Creator for Kindle

Hi all!

I am attempting to create a quiz (if it is interactive that would be best) in Mobipocket Creator. I only have a basic understanding on anything computer-related and so I'm having a difficult time with this. I'm a nursing student and studying for the NCLEX exam (board exam) and my intention is to type in some practice NCLEX questions and take a quiz on my Kindle. I downloaded Mobipocket Creator and typed in some quiz questions in the form that it provided and then clicked "Build".

When I downloaded the file to my Kindle found the formatting to be incorrect. The questions are in a multiple answer format and there is no spacing or delineation between the multiple answers (no check box). Additionally, where it says "See the Correct Answer" and is supposed to be clickable, that does not work.

As I said, I am a nursing student and not really that technologically advanced. I can do a little bit of html and we have Dreamweaver on the computer. I was just wondering if this was a quick fix or if it would require some major coding to repair.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Ashley
acollie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I played with HTML form input a few years ago and posted a "Mobipocket test taking sample.prc " in this thread.

It's a .mobi ebook that you can try loading onto your kindle to see if it works. It does work using the freely available windows Mobipocket Reader!

If interested, I can post the source files...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
kevcook
kevcook began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle Quiz

Hi,

Did you or anyone else sort this out? I'm trying to make a quiz to work on a kindle and am beginning to think it's not pissible!

Kevin
kevcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You can make normal html links that would take you to the answers, but if you have big ideas of fancy buttons, forms and javascript to make the quiz interactive... then you might as well forget it. It wouldn't be worth the effort for the one device/app it might work on.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
kevcook
kevcook began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
mmmmmmmm thanks. All I want is to pose the question ... choose the answer from a choice of 4 and then be told if it's right or wrong. Not worried about scoring etc.
I've tried Mobi quiz but that uses Java so won't work on a Kindle and I've tried Word to create an HTML file but can't seem to get that to work properly.
Thanks

Kevin
kevcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
All I want is to pose the question ... choose the answer from a choice of 4 and then be told if it's right or wrong. Not worried about scoring etc.
To be perfectly honest, I think the simple act of programmatically determining "correct" or "incorrect" based on user input is stretching (if not flat-out breaking—for most platforms) the capabilities of the mobi format.

Basically, giving the user a list of multiple choice answers which includes html links (that they will have to click/tap) to a "correct" or "incorrect" page, is the best you're going to be able to accomplish. And you're probably going to need correct/incorrect pages for each individual question if you want to include a link back to same question you were on.

Quote:
I've tried Word to create an HTML file but can't seem to get that to work properly.
I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to begin to get that done with Word-produced HTML (not that you won't be able to, I just don't use Word to produce HTML).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-02-2012 at 12:02 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote