Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #16
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
Unfortunately, the level of automation you can achieve in a pre-built Indesign file with lots of visual complexity is limited. It must be built with automation in mind to begin with. Some operations can't be scripted and must be done visually, like grouping specific frames and applying custom object export options (with alt text) to elements in the page. Visual inspection can't be avoided in such cases.
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
Rich_H
Rich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animalsRich_H is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
congrats, pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uieluck View Post
Hey guys...
Since this was a limited thread and had about as much interest as Bosom Buddies 2.
As a veteran of the birth of multimedia, I'd say the lack of response is a good sign. You're riding point (which means – you lucky devil – that you get all the arrows until you look like a pin-cushion).

I'm a multimedia/graphics guy taking my first shot at ePUB, and the workflow you describe looks pretty convincing – convincing enough so that it makes me wonder about investing my time learning the process if you have come to the conclusion to outsource. If you don't mind (and if forum rules allow), can you share the name of the service bureau you plan on using? I'd like to get a quote. Might be worth it to pay a 3rd party for the first adventure, then handle revisions & 2nd editions in Sigil.
Rich_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert