Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
The Gnat
The Gnat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle Gen 2, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPad 2
Downloading KindleGen Book File from website

I'm trying to set it up so that I can put a kindle book up on a web site, then using a Kindle Fire download that file from the web site and be able to open it up and read it. Currently I can do that if I download ES Note Editor, download the file, move the file to documents and restart the Fire. That obviously isn't an ideal solution for the problem and not feasible for the long run. Is there something that can be edited in the Kindle book file that would allow it, when I try and open it, to open up as a book instead of giving me an open as option for text, audio, video or image or to open it with ES Note Editor, HTMLViewer, or Quickoffice. I'm generating the file using the most resent version of the KindleGen tool.

Thanks.
The Gnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnat View Post
I'm trying to set it up so that I can put a kindle book up on a web site, then using a Kindle Fire download that file from the web site and be able to open it up and read it. Currently I can do that if I download ES Note Editor, download the file, move the file to documents and restart the Fire. That obviously isn't an ideal solution for the problem and not feasible for the long run. Is there something that can be edited in the Kindle book file that would allow it, when I try and open it, to open up as a book instead of giving me an open as option for text, audio, video or image or to open it with ES Note Editor, HTMLViewer, or Quickoffice. I'm generating the file using the most resent version of the KindleGen tool.

Thanks.
Use File Expert and choose open with Kindle
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert