Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Calibre update 0.8.3

I have never posted to the Calibre forum before. Sorry if this is not the right place to put this.

I just installed Calibre update 0.8.3. I cannot now start Calibre. When I click on the desktop icon I get the following message -- Failed to import site module - no module named site(Error code: 1)

I have used Calibre for almost a year. I have installed all of the updates. I have never had any problems.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
I have never posted to the Calibre forum before. Sorry if this is not the right place to put this.

I just installed Calibre update 0.8.3. I cannot now start Calibre. When I click on the desktop icon I get the following message -- Failed to import site module - no module named site(Error code: 1)

I have used Calibre for almost a year. I have installed all of the updates. I have never had any problems.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give
Delete the prior download of 8.3
Common install problems causes: Anti-virus, Download managers.

Un-install Calibre (your library is left intact)
Disable your A/V while you download Calibre from the official site ONLY.
(Use extreme care with Internet and file access while in this condition)
Install
re-enable A/V

Please mention OS (and version) in cries for help ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Thank You theducks. Your info did the trick. Calibre is running now.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote