Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
moldor
moldor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad
Moving Database to external drive

I have a Calibre database or about 7000 books on my Mac laptop which I need to move to an external drive so the Mrs can share in the ebooky goodness.

I can't see where I repoint the program to the new database location.
moldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Use the entry in the library dropdown menu. I think it's called "Modify database" or somesuch.
Please be aware that you can not connect two Calibre instances to the same database at once without entering a world of unpleasantness.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Library drop down Switch / Create Library, make sure you check off use existring library at location. After you do it the first time it will be available under Quick Switch
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote