Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #31
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I will be sure to give the ipad a good home. It will be the first Apple device here, but I will love it anyway.

btw: petermillard, love the avatar.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #32
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
The survey's questions are formatted with some assumptions:

1. that you read on a eReading device
2. that it is the only device you own or that your most recent ereader is more important than previous ones
3. that the most recent device dictates how you purchase ebooks now.

Many MR members own multiple devices and buy books for all of those multiple devices.
Many MR members read on PDAs and smartphones, which they have done for multiple devices. By forcing them to choose a device and date when answering the purchases question, you are skewing the data, perhaps in ways you didn't intend.

My example:
Device: Other (iPhone 3G)
Purchased: Oct 2009
How many books purchased for "this device": 15, since Oct 09 (2 from Amazon, 13 from FW)

But, it wasn't my first iPhone, which I bought in Feb 09. Since Feb 09 I've bought 38 books.

And, before that I read on various Palm OS devices for years - over 250 books. But the questions aren't designed to get that answer from me.

So depending on what your goal is, I'm not sure how much meaningful data you're going to get from the non-device folks.

And are you going to share the results when the survey is done? Enquiring minds want to know
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #33
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Sorry guys, but I think this one's mine! My mom was tickled to hear I'm going to win an iPad so she doesn't have to feel guily when she borrows my EZReader!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post

2. that it is the only device you own or that your most recent ereader is more important than previous ones
I would recommend you answer the questions as asked... even if they don't make sense to you.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #35
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:

Exactly, in my case my last purchase was an iRex DR1000S, but now I just use my Cybook.

Another thing to consider is that for people with an e-ink e-reader it could be a bit harder to realize that their smartphone is an e-readers as well.

Anyway, Alex feel free to extract info from us anytime.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #36
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
So depending on what your goal is, I'm not sure how much meaningful data you're going to get from the non-device folks.
The goal was explicitly to survey on your most recent e-book device. For those who don't own a device yet, we'll see how useful the data is at the end.

We'll have more surveys in the future and your input is greatly appreciated.

Quote:
And are you going to share the results when the survey is done? Enquiring minds want to know
Yes, we are.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #37
nnf
nnf began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600 :)
Unhappy

Uh oh, I think it got sent twice... something went wrong with my firefox Totally unintentional, my apologies!!!
nnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #38
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Done - thanks for the compo (A lot easier on the brain than the other one!)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #39
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I'm surprised that the TFT screen devices were not listed.

I did not see a place to identify myself, so I hope the computer will make note of who I am when the time comes for the drawing!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #40
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Why isn't the BeBook Mini (Hanlin v5) in the list?

Won't fill it out without it!

(I'm safe from getting that Ipad, as Apple refuses to bring it out here...)

Also, the question "How many e-books have you bought for this device?" is a bit weird... As I have 2 readers, I won't buy books specifically for one reader...

Last edited by Sweetpea; 05-13-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #41
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 09-15-2010 at 08:47 AM.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #42
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
No Astak?

I am thankful for the survey and applaud your efforts. This is a wonderful idea. To be sure, the Astak is mainly a Hanlin (though we do sell Netronix as Mentor Lite). I realize that the name "Hanlin Clones" will always apply... but I still see the Astak brand as its own brand and we would have loved to see how many were satisfied on the scale of 1-5. Certainly, the V5 needs to be there.

Much love for your fine survey!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #43
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Funny the number of people who want the iPad that all spit on it in other threads...

They should be disqualified!!!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #44
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Funny the number of people who want the iPad that all spit on it in other threads...

I was talking about that the other day with my other half. Neither of us want an Ipad, but what if we got one (a price you win, somebody gave it to you, etc). We both agreed we'd sell it before even using it

(besides, I already posted I was safe from winning one, as they are not available here, and won't be for some more months at least, beside the fact I've no idea how to fill in the survey, to be honest...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #45
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post

I filled in the survey, despite having no interest whatsoever in having an iPad. I deliberately didn't provide my e-mail address as requested; thereby effectively disqualifying myself.

I assumed that there was some reason behind wanting the survey filled in, hence trying to help out.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote