Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
"Cynster", "Harmony", "Arcane Society"... the book series.
Yes I figure you meant that. I meant what specific problem are you having in Mantano?

How do you have the metadata filled out? Mine work fine in Mantano if I sort by series.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:50 AM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Series don't appear in Mantano, that's the problem. And the series is into the metadata because they appear in calibre.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Series don't appear in Mantano, that's the problem. And the series is into the metadata because they appear in calibre.
Odd I would have to take a look at the book internals to figure out what is going on. You have the latest version of Mantano installed?

The series in Mantano should appear when you long press on a book and metadata window pops up. It also shows when sort by series and scroll through the book there should be grey window at the bottom with the series name.

Also on the Collection menu there it lists your series. You touch where it says Collections then choose series from the list.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-08-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have 1.3.0 version.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I have 1.3.0 version.
Ah ha! That's why then. You need the Premium version of Mantano for those features. It is well worth buying the full program. The sorting and organizing features are amazing!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, now I understand. That's a "small" detail I haven't read at any place Not fair not mentioning it (worthy app or not).
Old 09-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Ok, now I understand. That's a "small" detail I haven't read at any place Not fair not mentioning it (worthy app or not).
I admit the description they show is confusing what the Essentials includes. Premium is the best way to go. all others are pretty watered down.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #23
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I'm seeing it. Thank you very much. My confussion is because series were recognized at Mantano free in Nook (rooted, of course)
Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I'm seeing it. Thank you very much. My confussion is because series were recognized at Mantano free in Nook (rooted, of course)
They keep removing features of the non premium versions.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They keep removing features of the non premium versions.
That, I understand. Lack of warning or info? No
Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #26
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
There is a similar thread down in the Android section that may have additional suggestions.

I use Moon+ Pro and Calibre Companion for e-books related stuff on my Nexus 7. I tried a couple other readers, but Moon+ Pro had all features I wanted and worked well, so I stopped my search there (it was also 50% off at the time).
Thanks for telling me about the other thread--it seems that the same favorites mentioned here are included there as well. I'm starting with Aldiko, and then may sample a few others.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
I use FBreader the most b/c it has a text to speech plugin. I really like Aldiko, but it doesn't have text to speech.
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #28
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
I get irritated with Aldiko because it copies books over into its own folder-- it behaves like iTunes in that respect.

I should say here that I hate iTunes and how it feels the need to duplicate my music into its own vision of what my music storage folder layout should be, when I already have my music stored in folders the way I like them. Hence any program that behaves like iTunes tends to get short shrift from me.

In Aldiko's case, my books are on the external SD card for a very good reason, and having unnecessary duplicates on my device where they're not slated to be just makes me angry. It was fine when my ondevice library was still pretty tiny and I had fewer apps installed, but when the library grows over the 10k mark and you've quite a few apps installed in the SD card, this sort of behaviour goes from irritating to a reason for instant uninstallation.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #29
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
I get irritated with Aldiko because it copies books over into its own folder-- it behaves like iTunes in that respect.

I should say here that I hate iTunes and how it feels the need to duplicate my music into its own vision of what my music storage folder layout should be, when I already have my music stored in folders the way I like them. Hence any program that behaves like iTunes tends to get short shrift from me.

In Aldiko's case, my books are on the external SD card for a very good reason, and having unnecessary duplicates on my device where they're not slated to be just makes me angry. It was fine when my ondevice library was still pretty tiny and I had fewer apps installed, but when the library grows over the 10k mark and you've quite a few apps installed in the SD card, this sort of behaviour goes from irritating to a reason for instant uninstallation.
That is one of the major reasons I favor Coolreader; it is non-judgmental on location and it will merrily track ebooks I open whererever they might be.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
That is one of the major reasons I favor Coolreader; it is non-judgmental on location and it will merrily track ebooks I open whererever they might be.
Mantano is the same way.