Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #781
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Which store? As per usual the Swedish store prices are ridiculous, 230 euros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The Aura is now available in the Netherlands for 179 euro. I actually need to restrain myself.... I don't have a problem with my Kindle, and I actually don't like the Aura's weird back and the cover with the magnet sticking out on the side. Still, the larger screen and extra customizability are tempting.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #782
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
The Aura is now available in the Netherlands for 179 euro. I actually need to restrain myself.... I don't have a problem with my Kindle, and I actually don't like the Aura's weird back and the cover with the magnet sticking out on the side. Still, the larger screen and extra customizability are tempting.
Yesterday, I've held one for the first time and I have to say it's not as bulky as I thought. The back provides a very natural way to hold the ereader. It's also thinner than expected from the videos.
If you order one, can you easily (fee wise) return it?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #783
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Aura HD in Australia

Looks like the Aura HD has hit down-under. Both Bookworld and Angus & Robertson have it listed at $219.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #784
Nil Einne
Connoisseur
Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
today i ordered mine in espresso. after adding it to my cart, i was given the option of also adding the espresso sleep cover. so i clicked on it, too. but in my cart and at check out, the cover was not there. i went back to the accessories section to see if it's available. and it's not. the only accessories showing are the leather folio and the black sleep cover. and the black sleep cover is sold out. now i'm just waiting for the espresso cover to come back.
Yeah sorry about that. Previously the sleep cover stopped showing up in the accessory list when you made an order so I assumed when it started showing again it was back in stock but since I wasn't interested didn't try ordering it. Seems that there's a problem with it since as you said, if you add it to cart it says it's added but doesn't show up. Couldn't remember the colours, but thinking carefully now I believe in the past they had the Oynx but never had the Espresso sleep cover at least on Kobo.com. May be they added it now but screwed up and it's broken hence why it doesn't add properly.
Nil Einne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #785
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Someone's trying to sell one for a whopping 388 euro on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kobo-AURA-...item51ad16204f
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #786
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I'm trying to test the battery capacity on my Aura, but it's not easy. I'm using the glow light part of the time, and letting it sleep instead of turning it off, but hasn't got down below 50% in the 3 weeks since I got it. It keeps recharging a bit when I plug it into my computer for a few minutes. Has anyone managed to run their battery out on the Aura?
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #787
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Which store? As per usual the Swedish store prices are ridiculous, 230 euros!
Redcoon.nl.

Redcoon.de in Germany has it for 169 euro., but if I would order there, the shipment fee will negate most of the difference.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #788
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I'm trying to test the battery capacity on my Aura, but it's not easy. I'm using the glow light part of the time, and letting it sleep instead of turning it off, but hasn't got down below 50% in the 3 weeks since I got it. It keeps recharging a bit when I plug it into my computer for a few minutes. Has anyone managed to run their battery out on the Aura?
Wow! I charged my battery to 100% the day I got it on the 25th, and it shut off on the morning of the 29th at about 10%. The next charge made it about a week. It's still going on the 3rd charge, but I'm not exactly overwhelmed by the battery life. I keep the glow light off most of the time and only use it at low levels evening and nights.

I didn't much care for the battery "warning", most devices give you a little spare time, enough to finish a sentence or even a chapter, but the Kobo just goes to a black screen that tells you to charge.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #789
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
What is it that people are finding so weird about the AuraHD's back? Is it something
that effects only those who are right or left handed? Is it an ascetic thing, a non-flat
back just too much for you?
Ken
Personally, I just don't like 'fancy' stuff. I like my stuff plain and simple. It also seems to dictate a way of holding it and if you don't like the way it's intended to be held, then you're in trouble.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #790
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Wow! I charged my battery to 100% the day I got it on the 25th, and it shut off on the morning of the 29th at about 10%. The next charge made it about a week. It's still going on the 3rd charge, but I'm not exactly overwhelmed by the battery life. I keep the glow light off most of the time and only use it at low levels evening and nights.

I didn't much care for the battery "warning", most devices give you a little spare time, enough to finish a sentence or even a chapter, but the Kobo just goes to a black screen that tells you to charge.
My Aura is at 90% from its first charge even after all its been through, but
this is a factor that I am most likely find me missing my jetBook Lite.
The jetBook Lite runs on 4 AA batteries and it only takes 3-4 min. from the
low power warning to having swapped out the batteries and back to reading.
And it doesn't matter where it happens, at home or at the VA clinic.

I'll have to get into the habit of charging the thing on a regular basis,
whether it needs it or not. Maybe, every Sun before hitting the sack.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #791
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Personally, I just don't like 'fancy' stuff. I like my stuff plain and simple. It also seems to dictate a way of holding it and if you don't like the way it's intended to be held, then you're in trouble.
So, when you break down and buy the Aura, you will be ordering a "Black", "Brown" or "White" one, not one of the fancy "Onyx", "Espresso" or "Ivory" models
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #792
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post

Are you using a cover that has a pocket? Or a case? It really sounds like the bug that plagued Glo users earlier this year. If that is the case, don't despair! Just try putting it into sleep mode and waiting before closing the cover/putting it into its case.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #793
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Quote:
You really need to try one out to get a true feel for how the back affects holding the device. You don't even get a good idea from playing with one in the store because of the anti-theft devices which throw off the balance and weight.

I used to use my GLO held in my right hand and using my right thumb to tap or swipe to the next page.

With the Aura, I find myself holding it the same as the GLO most of the time but I sometimes hold it with my left hand and tap or swipe with the forefinger on my right hand.

I find it very comfortable to hold even though it is larger and heavier than my GLO.

Larry
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #794
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I have been using my Aura since the day they first came out. I had a GLO before and I have been using the Aura in basically the same way, with the lite on for almost all my reading and never shutting off only sleeping.

With my GLO I had to charge about every 6-8 days. I have only fully charged my Aura twice. Once when I first got it and just this Tuesday or Wednesday. It seems to me to last much longer than the GLO, nearly as long as the Touch.

Larry
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #795
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
My Aura is at 90% from its first charge even after all its been through, but
this is a factor that I am most likely find me missing my jetBook Lite.
The jetBook Lite runs on 4 AA batteries and it only takes 3-4 min. from the
low power warning to having swapped out the batteries and back to reading.
And it doesn't matter where it happens, at home or at the VA clinic.

I'll have to get into the habit of charging the thing on a regular basis,
whether it needs it or not. Maybe, every Sun before hitting the sack.

Luck;
Ken
Yes, I'm not sure just at what level the Kobo shut down exactly, but I had looked at the battery level a bit before, since I knew I was running low, at that point, it was at 12%. Which is why I'm guessing the *warning/recharge screen* probably happened at 10%. It was so fast that I didn't even have time to check the page number so I could resume on my Sony while the Kobo charged!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote