Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #526
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Today 01/08/2013 at 10:00 est U.S.A. I checked the Fictionwise site--B&N has renewed the Security Certificate for the site--was able to login and download my ebooks. So the deadline has apparently been extended again.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #527
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I thought it was rather odd that they were cutting off US access a month before international access.

Still no books in my UK nook account from my fictionwise account.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #528
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
P.P.S. Tried calling 855-654-9332, which I found earlier in the thread for BN's digital services customer support. Finally I got someone who seemed to know what he was talking about, and he said that I should get the code in 3-5 days. One thing he mentioned that I didn't know is that you can't do multiple opt-ins--if the opt-in goes through, your next attempt would not get the same page that says thanks for opting in, yada yada. None of my repeated opt-ins actually went through.

If anyone else is in the same boat--repeated attempts and no code--call that 855-654-9332 number. Otherwise you'll never the code.
Thank you so much for posting the number--I just called because I opted in almost a month ago and still no code.
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #529
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm still without a code as well, but I don't see myself picking up the phone. I'm a little less eager every day to have any additional connections to B&N. They'll figure it out or they won't, but the only additional hoop I'm willing to jump through is copy/pasting or clicking a code link.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #530
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I thought it was rather odd that they were cutting off US access a month before international access.

Still no books in my UK nook account from my fictionwise account.
It would be interesting to know how they populate the new account. Using only email address would be a mite clumsy?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #531
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It would be interesting to know how they populate the new account. Using only email address would be a mite clumsy?
Since email addresses are necessarily unique, it would seem like a fine way to match them up. UK members have been told to create a nook UK account with the same email address as our fictionwise account.

Still no transferred books in my nook uk library yet.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #532
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Still nothing here either.
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #533
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
When WH Smith (UK bookseller) came to an agreement with Kobo my WHS ebooks appeared in my Kobo bookshelf overnight, with none of this code nonsense. Ironically when Fictionwise acquired eReader my eReader purchases were absorbed into my FW bookshelf without hassle. At least I don't recall any - I may be getting companies muddled. In any case on at least 2 previous occasions I have had seamless bookshelf mergers. This B&N affair is farcial.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #534
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I called them, not emailed, about the Two Towers mixup on Friday, and they said they would have it fixed in 3-5 business days. I'll post an update when I get one.
Do you have an update? It's been a LOT longer than 3-5 business days.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #535
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
Ironically when Fictionwise acquired eReader my eReader purchases were absorbed into my FW bookshelf without hassle.
Out of interest, did this happen for anyone else? My eReader.com purchases are still on my bookshelf at eReader.com, they weren't transferred to Fictionwise.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #536
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Out of interest, did this happen for anyone else? My eReader.com purchases are still on my bookshelf at eReader.com, they weren't transferred to Fictionwise.

Graham
Heh - it could be my faulty memory. There have been several occasions when books have hopped from one vendor to another, so painlessly that I can't recall which. It may be that eReader->Fictionwise was not one of them. Will try to access eReader and see.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #537
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Since email addresses are necessarily unique, it would seem like a fine way to match them up. UK members have been told to create a nook UK account with the same email address as our fictionwise account.
ah ... but the email I have for subscriptions was different to that linked to my account....(historical and laziness).....but yep - my Nook (shudders) account has the correct sync details.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #538
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
ah ... but the email I have for subscriptions was different to that linked to my account....(historical and laziness).....but yep - my Nook (shudders) account has the correct sync details.
UK members, if they signed up for the transfer, should have got an email telling them to make sure the email addresses matched.

See my post from the 21st December.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #539
ChristopherTD
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

Graham
Oops - it looks like they remain separate. Perhaps I was remembering that they merged easily in the iPhone app. Looks like my last eReader purchase was 2007! Was it really that long ago... (
Old 01-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #540
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
OT: MODERATORS, This is the 3rd example I've seen this morning of underlined words in posts that cause a pop up advertisement to occur if you mouse over it. Is this new to MR? Or we now going to be inundated with pop up ads? Will we who post have no control over whether or not our thread contains these pop ups?

EDIT: In post #530 the words "new account" are underlined and linked to an ad.