Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Nalgarryn
Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC; literati; Nook
Lightbulb Unable to Download Metadata

I downloaded a .pdf version of a book from a site that provides metadata and was hopeful about automatically downloading the metadata from the site.

The site(s) and book are:
http://ocp.hul.harvard.edu/dl/reading/003346795
http://pds.lib.harvard.edu/pds/view/14030049

To download the entire book as a ,pdf click print and enter your email address. A .pdf is generated and an email is sent to you when it is ready. It would be nice to be able to automatically download metadata for other books from this site, since they're all in the public domain.
Nalgarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I'm not sure you are asking this in the right place. Shouldn't you be asking the site owners this question?
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
Nalgarryn
Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC; literati; Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
I'm not sure you are asking this in the right place. Shouldn't you be asking the site owners this question?
I'm not sure I'm asking in the right spot either... Hopefully the developers lurk their own forums. For some software projects developers even post in the forums! In lieu of a developer response a user with expertise may be able to offer helpful suggestions, perhaps because of an experience they had with other public domain book metadata. If none of those options net a response, then the time I invested in attempting to use the forums to communicate is lost. C'est la vie.

Of course, posting here for help was done in accordance to the Calibre website, which says 1) Read the FAQs, 2) Watch the Video, 3) Read the Users' Manual, 4) Try the Calibre Forum, 5) Try Calibre on Facebook, 6) Try Calibre on Twitter. My only other alternative (since I use neither Facebook nor Twitter) was to go through the process of entering a bug report and then having hard working coders get angry at me for abusing the bug reporting system. C'est la vie.

Nalgarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's metadata download system is plugin based. You can create a plugin for any metadata source you like. However, you have to be able to program to do that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
robbinhoodd
robbinhoodd began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 101 G9
Hi,
I'm experiencing the same thing. My installation suddenly stopped dowloading metadata.
I did try downloading some news & the log showed the following:

Using proxies: {'ftp': '127.0.0.1:19876', 'http': '127.0.0.1:19876', 'https': '127.0.0.1:19876'}

I don't know if this is relevant or not.
I would like to get the system functioning properly again. Any advice on how to alter the proxies would be appreciated.
I have a Win 8 Pro 64 Bit O/S.

Last edited by robbinhoodd; 01-04-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Clarification
robbinhoodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to remove the proxy settings from your network configuration, on windows 7 you can do that via Tools->Internet Options in internet explorer, I have no idea how one does that on win 8
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote