Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
melodymsw
melodymsw began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Intoduction

Hello,

I am Melody and I am just signing up. I have never done anything even remotely like this before, so I hope you guys will all be patient if I do something totally weird Anyway, I am not up on the latest of technology at all, but saw a Sony Reader at a Borders on display last November and have never looked back Now, however, I am learning that I can get books from other sites other than the Sony ebook site, but I think I might also need some card or device or software or something to make this happen. So...if any of you can help me out with more information on this issue, I would be most appreciative. My husband is a TOTAL geek and understands a lot of stuff that I do not, so feel free to be technical and I will have him help me if it is beyond my knowledge base. Very nice to meet you all
melodymsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome! I love my Sony Reader too and this place has introduced me all sorts of new ebook sources. Be sure to check out the Wiki link at the top of the page for a list of ebook sites.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi melodymsw and welcome to the Forum. I've had a 505 since January and like it a lot and you will find a lot of friendly 505 fans here not to mention other readers as well.

To get books from other sites, be sure and download the new firmware for the Sony. Check https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26775 for details. It's an easy job and allows the Sony to read Adobe and ePub books.

Also, ebooks.com just announced they now have a ton of Adobe books for the Sony. Their site is here http://usa.ebooks.com/.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, Melody. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
melodymsw
melodymsw began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
THANK YOU!

I really want to thank all of you for the help...we were able to download the new firmware last night and I plan to spend at least the next hour or so perusing the various other ebook sites to see what is offered. AGAIN, THANK YOU!
melodymsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Be sure and let us know how you go. There now tons of Sony compatible books available especially using the conversion software available on this Forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote