Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Kindle and Physical buttons

I installed Kindle on my rooted Sony prs-T1, but physical buttons do not work (or better menu button works, but not the forward and backward buttons):
Any ideas?

The version of Kindle was 3.2.0.35 (I guess the last working r am i wrong?)
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
The Wiki suggests remapping the buttons in the keymap.

I haven't tried this myself yet. Let us know how it went!
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thank you
This is the procedure:
Navigate to /system/usr/keylayout/ via Root Explorer, remount as R/W and map the keys 105 and 106 to whatever you like by appending the following lines to gpio-keys.kl:
key 105 DPAD_LEFT
key 106 DPAD_RIGHT
(+) T1 Reader, Kindle . (-) T1 Browser, Cool Reader(10xPg)
or
key 105 SPACE SHIFT
key 106 SPACE
or
key 105 VOLUME_DOWN
key 106 VOLUME_UP
(+) Cool Reader, Kindle . (-) T1 Reader, T1 Browser

I guess (+) means: works
(-) means: it does not work

Is it right?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Yes, these are the instructions I was referring to. And yes, I guess that's what (+) and (–) mean; as I said, I haven't tried this myself yet.

Last edited by altruizine; 07-09-2012 at 10:05 AM.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
ewandeep
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by altruizine View Post
Yes, these are the instructions I was referring to. And yes, I guess that's what (+) and (–) mean; as I said, I haven't tried this myself yet.
I'll try and let you know...