Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 04:01 AM   #2056
N00b
N00b began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Hack

Hello - does anybody know what to do if the Kindle jailbreak is unsuccessful? I successfully did this hack on my old Kindle but I got a new one (my old one broke under warranty) and it won't. It's exactly the same Kindle - Wifi Kindle Keyboard - but I get an 'unsuccessful install' message when I try to jailbreak it Any ideas? Tips about how to make it work?

I don't want to be stuck with Agatha Christie staring me down forever!
N00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 AM   #2057
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I have k3 using jailbreak with screensaver hacks. Ever since 3.3 update when using the text to speech feature with earplugs in the audio jack the volume that I've set is fine for a few pages the drops low for a few pages the goes back to where it was originally set for a few pages.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Oh also every now and then my kindle 3 reboots on its own, also. Anyone experience this as well?
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #2058
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
[QUOTE=NiLuJe;1800095]@ninki: Not supported, you're welcome to try to whitelist it, but you're on your own.

ohh, well, I live in Cuba no registering or downloading form over here , i just wanted to put my name on it, silly I know.
I was tinkering with the kindle collections and making a mess of it of course so i did a restore to factory default wish seems to erase the jailbreak? or something? so I had to do it everything again and I went for jailbreak 10, it worked perfectly.
thanks again
ninki
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #2059
greyTraveler
Enthusiast
greyTraveler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
@N00b:

Check the version number (Go to "Home" "Menu" Settings --the version should be on the lower right). If Amazon is shipping the new Kindles w/ version 4, you are out of luck (at least for now). Probably it is 3.3, or 3.2.1 -- in that case the newest jail breaks by NiLuJe or yifanlu should work, but older ones will not.
greyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #2060
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I went from 3.2.1 to 3.3 and I didn't have the problem until the 3.3 update. Has anyone else had this problem?
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #2061
greyTraveler
Enthusiast

@beckywc

If you think it might be connected with some of these hacks, try uninstalling them and see if it helps.

If it isn't connected with a hack, you might get more help in another forum
Old 10-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #2062
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

U007 message! Please Help

I am so frustrated! I uninstalled all previous hacks on my K3( in the correct order). Did a factory reset. I am running FW 3.3. Then downloaded and installed the JB .10 with message "Update unsuccessful. and U0004 in the bottom left corner! Then installed SS 0.25. I get a message "Update unsuccessful. and U0007 in the bottom left corner! And I sooo need my custom ss pictures back n my K3?I do NOT have the KSO. Can you help?

Last edited by harpangel36; 10-27-2011 at 12:43 PM.
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #2063
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Problem with hacks

Hi,
I would like to ask a help of NiLuYe, please.

My friend gave her Kindle to me. There is a firmware 3.3 on it, and as I see, the jailbreak 0.9N (there is a textfile with this).

She asked me to install Localization and TTS-mod, however every updates failed very soon with U007. I tried to unistall 0.9N, install 0.10N - all without success. (As I read in this forum, both works great on 3.3 firmware).
There is a screensaver hack on it, works, CoolReader - works, Launchpad - works.

So I would like to ask to add an advice, what to do? I think she has got a mistake (delete some important file about jailbreak or so), because a root of Kindle has a lot of "trash". I really don't know exactly, the linkjail folder is necessary to be there?
Please, help me if you can!
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #2064
harpangel36
Connoisseur

I have the very same problem. Hoping for a fix also!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #2065
greyTraveler
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
I am so frustrated! I uninstalled all previous hacks on my K3( in the correct order). Did a factory reset. Then downloaded and installed the JB .10 and SS 0.25. I get a message "Update unsuccessful. and U0007 in the bottom left corner! And I sooo need my custom ss pictures back n my K3?I do NOT have the KSO. Can you help?
I've had success with NiLuJe's 0.10 hack on OS 3.3; I have 3 thoughts on this

1) Are you using the update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3##-3.2.1_install.bin? (where ## is the correct code for your device). If you use the version w/o 3.2.1 it will not work.

2) (Less likely I think) I had a jailbreak installed before. I uninstalled it, but that might have affected my success. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

3) (Unlikely I think) Amazon changed the 3.3 release and didn't change the version number.

Last edited by greyTraveler; 10-27-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: clarify that I'm also using 3.3
Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #2066
harpangel36
Connoisseur

I did have a JB and SS hack that I uninstalled and then did a factory reset. I'm wondering if something messed up in that process. I am not using the 3.2.1
Old 10-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #2067
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@harpangel36: Use the -3.2.1 JB install files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Note for Kindle >= 3.2.1 Users:

Please use the file corresponding to your kindle model suffixed by -3.2.1, the other one won't work on these newer FW versions, while the -3.2.1 file won't work on older FW versions. Check your Settings page if you're unsure of what FW your Kindle is running.
Versionning math tip: 3.3 >= 3.2.1.

@Kindlevarazs: The jailbreak might have been uninstalled (it would leave the linkjail folder behind), or there might be another jailbreak installed, or a mix of those two ;D.

But if both *uninstall* attempts failed with a U007 error, I'd be tempted to say that the jailbreak has simply been uninstalled. Does a fresh (ie. after a restart) install of the -3.2.1 JB works?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-27-2011 at 02:01 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #2068
harpangel36
Connoisseur

Please, where is the link for that one. I have downloaded them all and can't find that one. Does it identify the number on the .bin file?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #2069
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@harpangel36: Check what greyTraveler just said, it's in the jailbreak archive:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyTraveler View Post
1) Are you using the update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3##-3.2.1_install.bin? (where ## is the correct code for your device). If you use the version w/o 3.2.1 it will not work.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #2070
harpangel36
Connoisseur

Thank you so much!!

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet