Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
OT: What's up with the sock puppets?

What's up with the sock puppets? Is there an inside joke I'm not in on?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
traffordcentre
traffordcentre began at the beginning.

Device: sony e reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
What's up with the sock puppets? Is there an inside joke I'm not in on?
Have only recently discovered this forum but was wondering about this too, please do tell.........
traffordcentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
It's a joke we're playing on another member (Pshrynk) who's currently on holiday (but keeps popping in from time to time anyway).

I'll be back with the relevant links if some-one doesn't beat me to it

Edited to add

See this post (complete with its own links off to other relevant threads/posts) in this thread for the full, unutterably silly, details

Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm; 05-16-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: to add the bit under edited to add, of course :)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
We do try to restrict our silliness to the lounge as the real purpose of this forum is of course ebooks and devices. But our avatars go everywhere with us.

Please feel free to follow the psockpuppet links above and join us in the lounge. All are welcome.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I have to say, I have grown so much from my journey into sock puppet land. I never knew I had the artistic talent and creative instincts within me. I am certainly a different person now that I have a psockpppenguin.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Well I hope Pshrynk enjoys the joke, because chupacabra is getting a nasty rash (athletes foot in mouth) and is beginning to faint from lack of air.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Well I hope Pshrynk enjoys the joke, because chupacabra is getting a nasty rash (athletes foot in mouth) and is beginning to faint from lack of air.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
but he looks so happy!! is that just a front?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
About half a year ago, more or less, the pandorg (panda borg = adorable pandas that were so cute that they could brainwash anyone into doing their bidding) invaded MR and attempted to acutelate (a-CUTE-alate - the process of brainwashing due to overwhelming cuteness) everyone.

Pshrynk was the most profoundly affected and became a "puppet" of his pandorg overlords. Psockpuppet even has his own MR identity with karma and everything. It sort of pops up from time to time and babbles incoherently. (Do a member search for posts by Psockpuppet)

Pshrynk is almost back to normal, but sometimes relapses to Psockpuppet. He is unaware of these times. It usually takes a LOT of Zany Carter Deluxes and a romp through time to shake him out of it. So, while he is on vacation, everybody is switching to their own psockpuppets in order to mess with Pshrynk's head.

Join us! Make a psockpuppet of yourself. Be sure to PM Zelda so that she can immortalize your avatar in her Rogue's Gallery.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote