Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #616
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Great! It works now. Thank you so much!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #617
aespejolc
aespejolc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2g
Thank you, your plug in is awesome!
aespejolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #618
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My current Version of the tool is 1.26.0, and I apologize, but the issue that I described in post #611 has come back. It hangs on "step 3/5 add text".
Old 07-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #619
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
No problem, if you can sent me your document I can run it through the debugger to see what goes wrong.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:58 AM   #620
Leonatus
Wizard

P. M. has been sent!
Thank you!
Advert
Old 08-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #621
Leonatus
Wizard

Some time has passed, but now I have to address once more to you:
I opened Word 2016, but your tool didn't appear on the menu ribbon.
I downloaded it once more (version 1.26.1)
I opened Word again, but still no tool on the ribbon.

In "Apps" of my windows 10, 32 bit computer the tool is installed.
What did happen, by all saints?

Edit: Already found the culprit: the tool had been deactivated by Word, for alledged interfering the function of Word.

Last edited by Leonatus; 08-29-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #622
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Some time has passed, but now I have to address once more to you:
I opened Word 2016, but your tool didn't appear on the menu ribbon.
I downloaded it once more (version 1.26.1)
I opened Word again, but still no tool on the ribbon.

In "Apps" of my windows 10, 32 bit computer the tool is installed.
What did happen, by all saints?

Edit: Already found the culprit: the tool had been deactivated by Word, for alledged interfering the function of Word.
Yes--I have the same issue. :-( It's Word, driving me to the insane asylum, one day at a time. Took me forever to figure out the "why."

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:21 PM   #623
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've had the add-in go 'Disabled' from time to time, in Word 2007/2010 under Win 7 and 10, and more recently in Word 2016 under Win 10 (in this instance Windows, Office and the add-in were fresh installs on new computer).

I don't recall Word or Windows ever telling me why it was 'Disabled'. Only that, out of the blue, the ePUBTools tab wasn't there. My solution has been to remove the plugin from Word via Options->Addins, Uninstall it via Control Panel, re-install from a fresh plugin download.

However, I'm pretty sure it has never gone 'Disabled' when the environment variable TOX_EPUBTOOLS_MONITORING has been set to '0' (disable the add-in's internal monitoring). I forgot to set it on the new computer; it's been fine since I set it - touch wood. I can't explain why that EnvVar setting appears to prevent the add-in going 'Disabled', seems quite incongruous to me.

After some changes were made to the S&R and Mark setting dialogues I ceased editing their rules files manually, so theoretically I shouldn't need to disable the add-ins monitoring function - but... see prior paragraph.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-29-2017 at 10:39 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #624
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I've had the add-in go 'Disabled' from time to time, in Word 2007/2010 under Win 7 and 10, and more recently in Word 2016 under Win 10 (in this instance Windows, Office and the add-in were fresh installs on new computer).

I don't recall Word or Windows ever telling me why it was 'Disabled'. Only that out of the blue the ePUBTools tab wasn't there. My solution has been to remove the plugin from Word via Options->Addins, Uninstall it via Control Panel, re-install from a fresh plugin download.

However, I'm pretty sure it has never gone 'Disabled' when the environment variable TOX_EPUBTOOLS_MONITORING has been set to '0' (disable the add-in's internal monitoring). I forgot to set it on the new computer; it's been fine since I set it - touch wood. I can't explain why that EnvVar setting appears to prevent the add-in going 'Disabled', seems quite incongruous to me.

After some changes were made to the S&R and Mark setting dialogues I ceased editing their rules files manually, so theoretically I shouldn't need to disable the add-ins monitoring function - but... see prior paragraph.

BR

Red:

And...that's set where?

Hitch
Old 08-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #625
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Red:

And...that's set where?

Hitch
Windows, where else

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	158733,

Read all about it here. I confess I only know about it 'cos Sander, bless him, implemented it as a result of my pleadings in his court.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:02 AM   #626
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will reply tonight, but BR is probably right.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:56 AM   #627
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If one is more of a command line junkie look at the SETX command as opposed to SET.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #628
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Windows, where else

Attachment 158733,

Read all about it here. I confess I only know about it 'cos Sander, bless him, implemented it as a result of my pleadings in his court.

BR
You know, Red, you gotta remember: Queen o'Fonts, maker of eBooks, not a programmer or uber-geek. ;-) I leave that to Diap and Kevin and the gang. I just bang around.

Hitch
Old 08-30-2017, 02:21 PM   #629
Toxaris
Wizard

Now with a little longer response. The behavior that causes the ribbon to disappear is a tricky one. If Word crashes while some procedure of the add-in is running, Word automatically assumes the add-in is the culprit and will disable this. In itself that is not that strange I guess. It gets weirder when you close Word normally and the ribbon still disappear. That seems to be a hit and miss. Most people never see this, myself included. Others have this frequently. Causes and reason unknown...
The suggestion by BR however I think is correct. By default the S&R (and Mark file if you have it) is monitored for changes. The reason is that if you change that document outside the add-in (so not with the editor) while Word is running, the latest version will be used without restarting Word. At first I used a hash to check if the file was changed, but somehow this did not always work and gave issues (as reported by BR). Therefore I changed to this mechanism.
In the code it is detected when the close command is given to the add-in, which occurs when you close Word normally. If that event is fired, the procedure that detects changes to the S&R file is shutdown before Word, making it a clean shutdown.
I suspect, and it is just a suspicion, that in some cases stopping the procedure takes too long and Word closes anyway thinking the add-in crashed. I have no evidence of this, but it seems reasonable.

In the new version I am working on, this whole mechanism has been removed. However, this is not even close to ready as programming time is in very short supply at the moment... In the meantime if you do not need the functionality as described, you can set the environment variable as specified by BR. It might work.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:51 AM   #630
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
You know, Red, you gotta remember: Queen o'Fonts, maker of eBooks, not a programmer or uber-geek. ;-) I leave that to Diap and Kevin and the gang. I just bang around.
I had absolutely no clue what BetterRed was saying either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Now with a little longer response. The behavior that causes the ribbon to disappear is a tricky one. If Word crashes while some procedure of the add-in is running, Word automatically assumes the add-in is the culprit and will disable this. In itself that is not that strange I guess. It gets weirder when you close Word normally and the ribbon still disappear. That seems to be a hit and miss. Most people never see this, myself included. Others have this frequently. Causes and reason unknown...
Mine still occasionally disappears on me. Sometimes I close and open Word again, and it appears back. Can't figure out a rhyme or reason yet either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
In the new version I am working on, this whole mechanism has been removed. However, this is not even close to ready as programming time is in very short supply at the moment.
No family time. We need v2.0 NOW!
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote