Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #1756
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If I do this, I will be actively resisting suggestions to only add new collections to the device. The code currently compares what should be there based on the columns in library with what is on the device. Then it adds or removes entries to get them to match. Just adding certain collections means that there needs to be a way to remove them later.
As an alternative to only adding shelves, would it be easy to replace shelves only on selected books? This might be more useful functionality anyway.

For now, I'm going to try to go through the pain of comparing the shelves on the device with the shelves in the library (using get shelves and some clever custom columns) so I can reconcile them in the library and then switch it to automatic at least until that causes the problems that made me put it on manual in the first place.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #1757
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Well, it's happened again. I updated Calibre to the latest version -- that is, 3.10 -- and the plugin does not appear to be installed anymore. When I try to reinstall it, I receive an error message with the following:

Code:
calibre, version 3.10.0
ERRORE: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 726, in _install_clicked
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 461, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 60, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 199, in load
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
@davidfor: If there is something I can do while this is still happening to help you in fixing this, let me know.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #1758
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Well, it's happened again. I updated Calibre to the latest version -- that is, 3.10 -- and the plugin does not appear to be installed anymore. When I try to reinstall it, I receive an error message with the following:

Code:
calibre, version 3.10.0
ERRORE: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 726, in _install_clicked
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 461, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 60, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 199, in load
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
@davidfor: If there is something I can do while this is still happening to help you in fixing this, let me know.
How did you do the install? From the "User plugins" dialog? Or did you download it and install the file? Is the plugin file still in the plugins directory?

I would really like to see a debug log from before the attempt to reinstall the plugin. It shouldn't be disappearing, so I would like to see if there are any errors. It is probably to late now, but can you run in debug mode, check if the plugin is showing and then try the install? Hopefully that will show something.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:44 AM   #1759
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
How did you do the install? From the "User plugins" dialog? Or did you download it and install the file? Is the plugin file still in the plugins directory?

I would really like to see a debug log from before the attempt to reinstall the plugin. It shouldn't be disappearing, so I would like to see if there are any errors. It is probably to late now, but can you run in debug mode, check if the plugin is showing and then try the install? Hopefully that will show something.
I did it from the Users plugins dialog. As soon as I realized that my books were being sent to my Kobo as .epub I checked first if the plugin was still installed, then searched for it and tried to reinstall it. I didn't try downloading the file from this thread, but I remember trying it the last time I had this problem and receiving the same error message.
The plugin file was not in the plugins directory anymore.
I tried rebooting it in debug mode, but I had the exact same results as last time -- the plugin installed with no issues whatsoever. I have the feeling the log will look the same as last time, but here it is:

Code:
calibre Log di debug
calibre 3.10 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 5) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 1) && FanFicFare (2, 18, 0) && KFX Output (1, 12, 0) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && X-Ray Creator (3, 1, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && KindleXRay (0, 0, 2) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4)
calibre 3.10 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 5) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 1) && FanFicFare (2, 18, 0) && KFX Output (1, 12, 0) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && X-Ray Creator (3, 1, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && KindleXRay (0, 0, 2) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4)
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 100.861627907 x 100.55257732
Using calibre Qt style: True
Starting up...
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 obok::utilities.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 obok::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 obok::config.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 obok::action_err.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    3.1 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG:    3.1 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG:    3.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG:    3.1 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named kobotouch_extended.device.driver
DEBUG:    3.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouch'
DEBUG:    3.1 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named kobotouch_extended.device.driver
Key u'A' for shortcut Apri la cartella contenente is already used by Aggiungi libri, ignoring
FFF: INFO: 2017-10-21 23:59:00,072: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.prefs(204): Attempting to read settings from predecessor--FFDL
FFF: INFO: 2017-10-21 23:59:00,076: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.prefs(209): Using default settings
FFF: DEBUG: 2017-10-21 23:59:00,084: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(207): Plugin FanFicFare macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
Key u'A' for shortcut Apri la cartella contenente is already used by Aggiungi libri, ignoring
EpubMerge: DEBUG: 2017-10-21 23:59:00,098: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin(152): macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
Started up in 45.40 seconds with 1279 books
Downloading plugin ZIP attachment:  https://code.calibre-ebook.com/plugins/211135.zip
Installing plugin:  C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_qv4mxw\0udhrc.zip
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:27 AM   #1760
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mathil: Unfortunately, that doesn't show anything interesting. We'll have to wait for the next occurrence.
Advert
Old 10-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #1761
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
@mathil: Unfortunately, that doesn't show anything interesting. We'll have to wait for the next occurrence.
I can't help but think you'd need the debug log on the first execution of calibre after the update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:50 PM   #1762
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I can't help but think you'd need the debug log on the first execution of calibre after the update
I probably need the debug log from when calibre decided the plugin was no good. Whether that is the first run after an update or later, I don't know. The big problem is it just shouldn't be happening. None of the recent calibre changes should be removing this plugin.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:51 AM   #1763
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
That's me...
Same problem, how can I help debug this thing?
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #1764
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by met67 View Post
That's me...
Same problem, how can I help debug this thing?
Run calibre in debug mode, connect the device, wait for the connection jobs to finish, close calibre and post the logs.

Check in the calibre plugins directory to see if the plugin file for the extended driver is there. It will be called "KoboTouchExtended.zip". If it is, take a copy of the file and post it. The easiest way to get to the directory is from the miscellaneous page of the calibre preferences.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:44 AM   #1765
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I'm (kinda) back. Thanks for taking such good care of the place while I was gone

I've migrated to BitBucket, while I was doing that I did some cleanup and some minor bugfixes. I think I may have taken care of some of the more recently reported bugs? Try again, version 3.0.0 is posted now.

There's also some new translation strings, so anyone who speaks something other than English please go translate text into other languages.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:42 PM   #1766
Kuram
Enthusiast
Kuram began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, KAO (current)
Does this work with the Kobo Aura One? It's not listed in the OP.
Kuram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #1767
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It will work with all Kobo eReaders; basically they all run the samef/w.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:41 AM   #1768
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
There's also some new translation strings, so anyone who speaks something other than English please go translate text into other languages.
Spanish translation is finished
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:09 AM   #1769
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it does work with the Aura One. Thanks for calling that out, I’ll update the first post to be more clear about what devices it works with.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:10 AM   #1770
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Spanish translation is finished
Thanks! I’ll give other translators a bit and release a new version once more people have had a chance to add some translations.

Tags
error, kobo aura one