Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
mccormw
mccormw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Calibre on Win 7

I have just installed Calibre 0.9.15 on a Win7 64bit.

The strange thing is that when I try to add books from another directory (I am trying to centralise my eBooks on a NAS server btw) it tells me I have a device connected. I assume that is what it means because the column 'On Device' is now visible, but it is showing Main Memory.

Can anyone explain what is happening and how I might set it up to have a single repository on my network.

Cheers guys

ps my original installation on an XP machine with 0.9.15 is working fine. This PC contains the directory I want to use as my network directory.
mccormw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccormw View Post
The strange thing is that when I try to add books from another directory (I am trying to centralise my eBooks on a NAS server btw) it tells me I have a device connected. I assume that is what it means because the column 'On Device' is now visible, but it is showing Main Memory.
Calibre will tell you what device is connected in the lower left corner. I suspect you connected to a folder using the Connect to Folder feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
mccormw

In the meantime I have found one issue and that is I used the wrong 'Add Book' option. Because the folder contains the .mobi file and the original text or PDF file and I used the add multi-books - 3rd option down it was importing 2 identical books - pretty dumb.

Using the 2nd option down only gives me the one option.

I shall now look at your Connect To Folder feature, although this is not something I have set.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccormw View Post
In the meantime I have found one issue and that is I used the wrong 'Add Book' option. Because the folder contains the .mobi file and the original text or PDF file and I used the add multi-books - 3rd option down it was importing 2 identical books - pretty dumb.

Using the 2nd option down only gives me the one option.

I shall now look at your Connect To Folder feature, although this is not something I have set.
Connect to Folder is an OUTPUT option only
AND IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH A INPUT SOURCE OR A LIBRARY LOCATION
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
mccormw

DoctorOoh you are quite right. My fault I just didn't understand that option in the Tweaks.

Got it now thanks.
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
irrelevant

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-19-2013 at 05:56 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote