Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Silver Sony 505

POOF!

Last edited by daffy4u; 04-05-2010 at 12:45 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Considering that I bought Sony PRS-505 for 180 bucks here few days ago, your price seems to be a bit higher than it should be.
No offence, just IMO. Good luck with your deal!
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Considering that I bought Sony PRS-505 for 180 bucks here few days ago, your price seems to be a bit higher than it should be.
Congratulations to you. You only purchased the reader and one cover. I have 2 covers as well as a wall charger.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
vlad_simple
Enthusiast
vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N810 Internet Tablet
Quote:
It's not good idea to write in public something if you not going to buy.
You just scare potential buyers without any sense.
If book will not be selled in several days seller will lower the price.
Or if somebody want to buy he will send correct price (on his mind).
But now you find price and want the dial will be done with it.
Of course, you don't order to do in this way. But this is psychology.
Many forums with "Flea Market" has rule which forbidden to write in sell thread if you not interested to buy.
To my mind it's very wisely idea.
vlad_simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #5
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_simple View Post
It's not good idea to write in public something if you not going to buy.
Not quite understood what you are trying to say...
Forum members are free to express their opinions politely and without offence. I think I didn't offence anoyne. I didn't say to the seller "Damn! Your price is too high! I bought my ereader much cheaper, so you MUST lower the price!" I just passed my opinion, and the OP expained why their price is $250 And I fully agree, because those covers are awesome
Anyway, you may send me a PM in russian
Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
vlad_simple
Enthusiast
vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Anyway, you may send me a PM in russian
I try to collect opinions of other forum members. So I write here.
Try to express what I mean by other words:
I think, it isn't correct to write any price if you not going to buy/sell.
Your opinion can prevent deal. And I think this isn't your aim?
Think about this.
And I purpose to add this idea to rules.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I'm not sure about that, Vlad. A market (even an informal flea market like this one) only works properly if there is information and transparency. A ruling against mentioning other prices would harm sellers, for they may not get in touch with the prices around and risk having less offers, and buyers, for they risk overpaying for a device. Less information, as we see, would imply more risk, and more risk is likely to scare off both buyers and sellers.

Another thing would be having the one who suggests another price linking to the thread in which the offer appeared. I would support that, as it makes the information have more weight.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
BeTePoK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I'm not sure about that, Vlad. A market (even an informal flea market like this one) only works properly if there is information and transparency. A ruling against mentioning other prices would harm sellers, for they may not get in touch with the prices around and risk having less offers, and buyers, for they risk overpaying for a device. Less information, as we see, would imply more risk, and more risk is likely to scare off both buyers and sellers.

Another thing would be having the one who suggests another price linking to the thread in which the offer appeared. I would support that, as it makes the information have more weight.
I am fully agree with this post, especially with bolded text. There is an open forum, and everyone could express their opinion politely and without offence. There is also no strict rule about posting the price if you are not going to buy or sell. As I have already said, I'm not quite understand what are you trying to achieve. If you are disagree with the forum rules - please contact forum administrator. Thanks.

I passed my opinion about the price, and got an exhaustive explanation from the OP. And I agreed that it's reasonable price. Period. There is nothing to discuss IMO.

Last edited by BeTePoK; 04-05-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
vlad_simple
Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm not sure about that, Vlad. A market (even an informal flea market like this one) only works properly if there is information and transparency.
I think I understand what you are mean. But on the other forums I see a lot of flame about who, when, where bought things. Usually, after that, sellers think that price is too low and buyers think that the same price is too high.
And this because some people, who don't need this items at all, want to share that

Quote:
A ruling against mentioning other prices would harm sellers, for they may not get in touch with the prices around and risk having less offers,
Is this mean that it will be good idea if I help sellers to sell their e-readers for more moneys?
Once I purpose more money to seller than another forum user. But he said that I should wait if seller want to sell reader to him and after that write my suggestion. I don't think that this was good for seller.

Quote:
and buyers, for they risk overpaying for a device. Less information, as we see, would imply more risk, and more risk is likely to scare off both buyers and sellers.
I think that market is live and it can correct itself.
If buyer ready to pay seller price why not?
And, if nobody buys seller will reduce the price.
Market grows and goes down all the time and to my mind correct price is price which the buyer can pay. This I learned on economics lessons.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
vlad_simple
Enthusiast

Quote:
If you are disagree with the forum rules - please contact forum administrator. Thanks.
You write as I DON'T AGREE with rules. But I write that I want opinions of other forum users about adding some rules. I don't think my idea is perfect so I want to know what think other about that.

By the way, there aren't any rules about posting in sell\buy threads for sympathizers. Only for sellers and buyers.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I'm taking it to eBay. This thread has gone off topic.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I'm sorry for contributing to derail it.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m-edge platform jacket, prsplus, silver 505 for sale