Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #31
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kobo Touch
I think that the Mark Twain award is another KT bug... I've definitely used my Kobo more than 14 days days straight and never got it.

If you look at the system files in the KT, you can see all the badges that are there.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
I think that the Mark Twain award is another KT bug... I've definitely used my Kobo more than 14 days days straight and never got it.

If you look at the system files in the KT, you can see all the badges that are there.
I was not aware of that.. I'll go take a look and update my list.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #33
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So there are 49 possible awards?! I wonder if all are active or just the images are present for future use. (Note numbers 21,24,37-44 and 52 are missing and 49 occurs twice)

badge_trilogy_bw_0000_lolcat - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0001_welcomereadinglife - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0002_booklover - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0003_facebook - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0004_twain - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0005_onceuponatime - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0006_notopenbook - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0007_scoutleader - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0008_freeloader - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0009_headturner - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0010_invertedcomma - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0011_nightrider - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0012_wordup - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0013_classicattack - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0014_fanatic - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0015_papillon - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0016_totalrecall - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0017_extraextra - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0018_gimmezines - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0019_keener - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0020_hotoffthepress - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0022_iheartlibrary - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0023_juggernaught - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0025_killthecommute - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0026_afternoonrushhour - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0027_happyhour - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0028_primetime - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0029_hooky - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0030_witchinghour - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0031_betterinbed - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0032_coffeeortea - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0033_graveyardshift - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0034_sleepingin - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0035_lunch - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0036_deepthinker - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0045_longpress - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0046_newshound - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0047_magazinejunkie - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0048_sneakyread - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0049_gamesafoot - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0049_million - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0050_austen - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0051_offthewall - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0053_allyoucaneat - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0054_sunseasand - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0055_spiritofportland - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0056_timelord - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0057_highlydecorated - Badge.parsed
badge_trilogy_bw_0058_fullyloaded - Badge.parsed

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-02-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #34
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
But did you read books that were WRITTEN by Mark Twain?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #35
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
But did you read books that were WRITTEN by Mark Twain?
I suppose that those books will also have to be kepubs.. :P
Old 11-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #36
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Hmm I guess so, but why not they're free
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #37
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Hmm I guess so, but why not they're free
True.. And there are 5 free Mark Twain kepub titles which means that you could possibly also get the 'fanatic' award if it is enabled on the KT.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #38
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
You just have to read every day for 2 weeks, any book will do
I swear I've done that, yet no award for me.

Does it have to be just one book?
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #39
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post

Don't know.. But if that is true then you'll have to either read really slow or select a HUGE book like War and Peace or Moby Dick..
Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #40
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

I doubt it. I bet it's another bug.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #41
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post

I can be different books
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #42
riverlily
Enthusiast
riverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony eReader PR350
I don't think you can get the Quoth the Maven with KT either... I've popped quotes on facebook before and haven't gotten it. Has anyone gotten the Fanatic on their KT? I have it for my android app but not my KT.
riverlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverlily View Post
I don't think you can get the Quoth the Maven with KT either... I've popped quotes on facebook before and haven't gotten it.
IIRC for the Android app you had to do it a total of five times (might have been ten, but pretty sure it was five).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #44
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
So there are 49 possible awards?! I wonder if all are active or just the images are present for future use. (Note numbers 21,24,37-44 and 52 are missing and 49 occurs twice)
I believe there are currently only 27 awards available on the Kobo Touch, 32 on Android, and 68 on iOS (so some of those 49 aren't yet unlockable on the Touch). Hopefully that helps give all you completists something to shoot for
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #45
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
I believe there are currently only 27 awards available on the Kobo Touch, 32 on Android, and 68 on iOS (so some of those 49 aren't yet unlockable on the Touch). Hopefully that helps give all you completists something to shoot for
Interesting, they should really try and make it consistent across all platforms (and sync between devices).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch