Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-05-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
jeffneedle
jeffneedle began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Calibre on Puppy Linux

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm using Puppy Tahr 6.0.5. A very stable version of Puppy. 64-bit. Under the Puppy hood there's an option called Quickpet. You install Calibre here. In the past, Calibre installed just fine. Now, Calibre seems to install just fine, but it won't open from the menu. Running from terminal gives this output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 77, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 72, in calibre
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name QT_VERSION

Anyone use Puppy, or can understand the problem and supply a fix? Thanks.
jeffneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See th enotes about minimum required versions of system libraries on the calibre linux download page. Your OS probably does not meet them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
jeffneedle
jeffneedle began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks so much. I've been working hard on figuring this out. Previous installs of calibre work just fine. The difference? It seems that calibre 3.x uses the qt4 framework; v. 4.x requires qt5. The key will be to figure out what to install on my computer.

Thanks again.
jeffneedle is offline   Reply With Quote